Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

New Tyres

Tony Davies

So nearly right..... 😬

SO2's are now very rare. SO3's are what Bridgestone replaced them with. RE720's are the same compound, but the smaller sizes (13" mainly....)

I have recently heard some good reports about the Yokohama A539, from a reliable source, and equally good reports about Toyo T1S Proxes from another reliable source. Toss a (triple faced) coin.............

I'm sure George Polley would do a good price on the Yokos.

Edited by - Blatman on 25 Jul 2002 23:40:44

Tire (tyre) of choice in the US is Falken Azenis cheap in your small wheel size $60 each and every autocrossers fav here in LA (Louisiana the other LA!) I'm looking at 205/40/16 in front and 245/40/16 in back.

Hope they are available and as cheap in UK.

Regards,

Joe

Just replaced my prisoner size tyres with Yokohama AVS, absolutely fab, even Oulton park in the wet didn't scare me and when it dried out it was awesome. They're about 50 quid + VAT per corner I think.

in 13" a yoko 21R (or 32R but that'll be too track biased for you) is about 50 quid from polleys. in 15" its 100. you can easily get 13" wheels for 50. if you sell the prisoners as well you make/save even more money!

As for the R500/yoko32 setup it 'only' costs just under 1000 if you order the wheels direct from MB (and wait 6 weeks for them to get round to making them grrrrrr!) and get them to send them to polley who'll fit the tyres and set them to you.

I'd still recommend A021Rs as the tyre of choice for you though. Road use only will see about 8000 miles a set (or more if you don'r abuse them! I do and get only 2000 miles from A032Rs!)

Dave Hooper - dmch2@lineone.net

I made similar move. 021r excellent at just under £50 a go (all in after VAT and delivery from Polley) in 13" size and hence much cheaper that 15" as mentioned above.

4 13" minilite types can usually be had for £200 on the wanted board and often with tyres already fitted. If you're really lucky these might be 21r.

I made similar move. 021r excellent at just under £50 a go (all in after VAT and delivery from Polley) in 13" size and hence much cheaper that 15" as mentioned above.

4 13" minilite types can usually be had for £200 on the wanted board and often with tyres already fitted. If you're really lucky these might be 21r.