Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SLR Wiring/other questions

F355GTS

So proud new owner of ex race SLR and I need to sort out a few problems/etc

Stack dash is not showing any Oil temp, Not surprising really as there's no wires going to the sender!, I can obviously run new wiring but need to know which wire(s) are the correct ones from the Stack dash (any ideas?)

I thought I would give it an oil change, any idea of the capacity?, VHPD with dry sump and cooler, no Apollo, also how do you determine the oil level on the dry sump?

Does anybody have a spare manual or a manual I could copy for a Stack dash?, not that lap timing is allowed on trackdays of course but it would be nice to know how it works.

Anybody got a speed sensor for a Stack dash they'd like to sell me

thanks in advance

Mark

You can download the manual from the Stack website - www.stackltd.com

Check the oil by warming the engine, then shut it down and use a thin rod (coat hanger??) inserted into the top of the tower to measure the oil in the tank - assuming that you've got the bellhousing tank. It should take around 6 liters of oil. There is lots of stuff in the archives on this.

Mark,

Am at the crew room at the moment so no access to my email, however I have spoken to my engine builder mate and he says he will remove the valves, skim and replace your valves for £70 cash.

Send me a mail if you are interested.

Nick

Nick you have mail

thanks for everybodies help, I now have Oil temp, the Stack manual shows the wire to the sensor as Red however it's Black/Yellow on mine which took a while to trace!. Also the muppet that installed it transposed buttons 3 and 4, no wonder I couldn't get the lap timer to work!

Think the Head Gasket might need a little attention, bit of moisture in the Oil cap although I will try a flush and Oil change to see if it's residual from a recent 'head off' job.

Gearbox Oil, I know that Redline MTL is highly recommended but I can't get that for the weekend from DT. Somebody else osted an 'acceptable' Shell product anybody know what it was/is (Caterham 6 Speed box)

Apparently the car is fitted with R500 rear calipers anybody know the Mintex pad type number?

thanks

Mark