Click here if you are having website access problems ×

HELP-Car stopped altogether now

MikeW

Posted the other night about my car cutting out. Checked all the electrics and fitted a washer to the battery masterswitch as suggested by Caterham (Midlands) to ensure a good contact. Anyway, went out tonight and car was running fine for about 10 miles. Came off a dual carriage and round a tight bend and the car just died. This time it wouldn't restart and ended up having to trailer home. All of the electrics are working, ignition light on and the engine is turning but it won't fire. Will phone Caterham tomorrow but anybody have any ideas. I'm at Oulton next Wednesday so need to get it sorted ASAP

Thanks

Mike

Mike,

What a bummer. Have you pressed the little cutout switch on the bulkhead, stops fuel in the event of an accident I think.

Failing that it could be an electical problem, dry contact, or a prob. with the immobilizer or the wiring loom connections. I had the same symtoms with my loom when the car was new, it had to go back to Caterham to be sorted in the end. It meant having to leave it at home and take the tintop to Le Mans then.

Best of luck.

Red 245bhp Vauxhall powered 21

[Now For Sale]