Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

20 litres of Super unleaded

spiderman

No UL or SUL left in B'ham. Still the odd trickle of LRP though. Looks like I'll have to drive the 7 instead.... Shame eh?

Still, I've got a full tank in the 7 and a 25L can full of the stuff. That'll last about 2 days if it stays sunny! Talk about sod's law. The VW's empty though. I used the last bits trying to find petrol at 1am. No luck.

Alex

We Brits, back home in Blighty, can but dream of such things as petrol at 60p per litre, and reminisce about those long gone times when one could be decadent, get the 7 out of the garage and go for an afternoon's blast to nowhere in particular, just because you wanted to!

Dream on...................

Andrew

Happened to be passing the local Tesco petrol station and noticed that although there were signs up saying shut for petrol sales several cars were filling up. Further investigation revealed them to be Tesco staff. Despite protests from a queue of angry would be customers the night manager maintained that he would only sell petrol to his own staff, his reason was that they'd been working all day and hadn't had a chance to go out petrol hunting. Tempers frayed, the police were called and we got our petrol. Apparently the police have no powers to intervene in a dispute of this kind as it's a civil matter and there are no laws allowing forcourts to serve emergency staff only. So I say if you need petrol argue your case and don't let pump jockeys turn into the Waffen SS.

If you are still short of petrol most night time deliveries are at 4am, BP, Esso and Tesco included. Manchester is just about ok now, most of the stns have fuel now and the waiting time is not that bad, I think I will get a 5 gallon drum of unleaded ready for about 58 days time though!

Simon.

X777CAT