Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

csr sump guard........anyone have one of these

Billyboy

same as he *arrowup* said, I was also wondering about fitting,

I talked to Dom at CCs before buying car and he reconned it reduced ground clearance and I ended up not having it fitted, but wondering again if it is only a couple of MM lower it may be worthwhile, especialy as living in rural Northumberland I fairly regularly dink the botom of the engine on road centres

Very effective "front bumper" for the leading edge of Duratech engines. Deflects impacts from the front edge of the cast sump. Also if you do clobber something hard the steel tube can squash and absorb a lot of the energy.

If it should get pranged it is easily replaced.

Peter

BRAWNGP green SUPERLIGHT *smokin*

FCITW 2009 😬

I do not have one of these on my car as it is powered by special K. I'm aware of it as I was in the factory when the first one of these was fashioned from some tubing, welded up on one of the tech's bench.

It just bolts to the lower leading edge of the engine sharing some existing fixings on the front cover of the Duranail. Edit - probably no more than a 10 min job.

I believe this to be a really neat solution to sump protection. Deflection and energy absorption being the two primary objectives.

Cheers

Peter

BRAWNGP green SUPERLIGHT *smokin*

FCITW 2009 😬

Edited by - 6speedmanual on 17 Aug 2009 22:11:11

I had one of those protection tubes on the leading edge of the sump on my Duratec. My engine was fitted with the Cosworth dry sump which I think is the only one that particular component will fit. It just bolted into existing tapped holes using Allen head bolts and whilst I am sure it affords some protection, I don't know to what degree as I never bottomed mine out after fitting the dry sump so never had the chance to test it - fortunately.

So does anyone have any links to some pictures of this fitted to a CSR with drysump?

From the posts above - is it bolted to the engine *confused* or the chassis *confused* seems a little counter productive if fitted to the engine itself.

Some pictures would be worth a 1000...... 😶‍🌫️

I don't have any pics but yes, it is just bolted to the front of the sump. It simply acts as the first line of defence in absorbing any impact and hopefully deflecting the engine (and car) over an obstruction provided it isn't too high. Not ideal but I reckoned it was better than bugger all. A proper chassis mounted deflector/guard would afford more protection.