Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

SHURLOK Immobiliser manual - do they still exist?

anthony1956

The website www.shurlok.com redirects to some biker site and I can not find anything out there beyond some sites offering new keys.

I seek the manual for programming - anyone have one? Or a link?

No one seems to have much good to say about the thing.

The main remark is "do you have the master key?" Which I do if I ever find how to use it.

Anthony - slightly miffed!

since we are here either of you have trouble with yours?

My experiences are:

it can fail to disarm; solution is to wiggle the key in the slot (suspect unclean connections)

it can fail to arm - often find it will start when should be armed.

this can happen on cold start or randomly at pumps.

it arms too quick when I am in the car, engine off, ignition on (which is why I want the manual)

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I've never a had problem with mine...that's cursed it then (Murry Walker style) 😬

The system is programmed to arm after 30 seconds, there is a delay function that will arm it after 5 mins but you have to follow the procedure every time *rolleyes*

It's in the manual which is on its way to you (I hope).

cheers Andy

I am Leg End...

Mine became very eratic, sometimes would take 5 minutes of wiggling to disarm! Took it to my local car radio/security dealer and they removed it in less 5 minutes! not very secure!! Had a Cobra system fitted that doesn't rely on lots of corroding metal contacts, and they tell me it's harder to bypass. Wouldn't have bothered at all except the insurance demands it's there.

Beaulieu #28

sounds like a replacement in due course, I'd like one of those that will remote start the car - so I can run it for an hour without having to dig it out of the snow - exhaust gases might be a problem.

and I'd have to leave the battery connected, so a solar charge erected so snow won't lie on it. Life's never simple :-)

Anthony

with thanks, here is the info I wanted, to delay the onset of immobiliser, such as in traffic jam when I want to switch off the engine without the immobiliser rearming,

TO DEFER ARMING BY FIVE MINUTES:

switch off engine

switch ignition on and off again within one second.

buzzer should beep three times, led on for three seconds.

in the final 30 seconds the LED will flash at 5 second intervals and

the buzzer will beep every five seconds

to delay another five minutes, repeat the on / off procedure.

Have not tried it yet, but seems just what I wanted; it might also explain why sometimes I find the system has not rearmed itself, I may have inadvertently used the on/off procedure.

Anthony

• 1 year later...
  • 10 years later...