Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

aeroscreen positioning

scooby dooby doo

I've got a nice brand new shiny scuttle and an aeroscreen. Now I can put the aeroscreen anywhere on the scuttle as there aren't any wiper holes or windscreen holes to cover up.

So has anybody played around with various positions and angles?

I think i want it as far forward as possible with the lowest angle possible to get the minimum drag but the maximum distance possible so the airflow clears all of my head (the standard position and angle get the top of my head).

Any thoughts?

Dave Hooper - dmch2@lineone.net

Mine is positioned with the centre point at 7cm back from the scuttle edge and the end points are 9cm back.

This works fine for me 6'1" in Tillett seats.

I wouldn't worry about the drag with a different angle, the whole car is an aerodynamic horror anyway and I'd be more concerned with aesthetics and comfort with the aeroscreen.

julian - is that because you are leaning down more than you lean forward? perhaps? hmm...

Count - It worked as it was before - i've got an opportunity to make it better though so i'm trawling for ideas... you're a similar height to me (i'm 6' and also have tillets) and it did work before but thanks for the actual numbers.

cheers!

Dave Hooper - dmch2@lineone.net