Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Goodbye crossflow, hello Superlight

Mark Gibson

Well, after much deliberation, Team Principal and I have taken the decision to buy a superlight and sell the crossflow.

I collected Superlight no 0102 last night and was completely bowled over by it 🥰 I couldn't believe how fab it was and all that acceleration from 15bhp less than I am used to *smokin*

A massive *thumbup* to Adrian for bringing the car to my attention *wavey*, Mike and Robin who put up with lengthy chats discussing the transition from crossflow to superlight *wavey*,car and most of all Mark for giving up his time to view the car for us *wavey* You are all owed much beer from us.

As for TP, well sadly she was gutted that it has fixed seats and she couldn't reach the pedals *mad* But we should have 2 tillets fitted in time for a BaT track day at Donington for a thorough shakedown before Loton.

Sadly, the crossflow community are a tight-nit bunch and have not taken the news so well. One rival competitor has branded us "traitors to the crossflow community". I just hope that the abuse remains verbal and no revenge attacks are planned 😬

By the way, In view of our problems with non-adjustable seats, if anyone is interested in a pair of low-backed carbon fibre seats (or a 1992 crossflow!) then please let me know!!!

I hope our technical scrutineer checks and certifies that it has got 15bhp less that the xflow - we wouldn't want any repeats of the unfounded and malicious accusations that have been going round the paddock recently 😔

Really glad it has lived up to your expectations so far - as long as theTP is happy soon as well! 😬

Mike

Oh no, I can't believe someone has mentioned that it once won Class 3, I was going to keep that quiet as I don't think I will be able to take the pressure. 😳

I have already been working on my excuses, like the fact that it doesn't have Nitrons or fancy MB wheels and things like that 😬

I didn't realise the link from you, David, to Adrian so you can also have beer. Any other takers for free beer *redface*

Mark