Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Where's the cheapest place to pick up a battery?

Mark Piper

My house. I have the original battery from my car which was in perfect working order when I took it out. I've just checked it and is still showing 12.4 volts even though it has been out of the car for a couple of months. Stuck a lighter diddy battery in mine. If you give me £15.00 for it I will donate £5.00 to NTL

AMMO

Edited by - Ammo on 24 Jul 2002 09:19:22

Steve

I use a Hawker / Odyssey / Red Top type battery (all made by the same people with different stickers on). It is 13 Ah, weighs 5 kilos and is half the size of the old battery. It has a higher cranking amperage than my old (24 Ah?) battery. I'm a sucker for weight saving so I couldn't resist the loss of 2.5 kilos.

AMMO

Ammo, thanks for the offer - if you were just round the corner I'd go for it - I've ordered a Banner - £33 plus VAT - no idea what it weighs, I just want the car to bloody well start! PS my Dad has/had an agency for those Hawker batteries in the Channel Isles, - virtually all speedboats out there seem to use them - presumably 'cos of their light weight and sealed construction...ISTR they're not cheap though...

Ammo.

So you can go down to 13Ah... Will reconsider esp next time the Banner gives up... Let me see

about 2.5 years from now. But then again 2.5 kgs is 2.5 kgs... damn and blast I will have to get one...

Steve

My racing pics here

Hants (North) and Berkshire area club site

here