Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon Fibre Race Seats for sale

EFA

Yes two of those lovely Carbon Fibre race seats made by that wonderful ex company the Carbon Component Company are for sale.

Price includes carbon bulkhead strengthers and blacl powder coated mounting brackets.

I have 1 pair which I will sell separately if I get two people wanting one....

The price is £260 each - a bargain - currently £450 each without mounts and bits from Protune.

Reason for sale - Weight gain.......

Call Arnie on 07710 526739

• 4 weeks later...

Stewart

The R500 Seats are very different in shape and those advertised at this price are fibreglass. Even the CF version they make id a single sheet 1000g material lay up (read cheap!!)

The last set I made of the race seats I sell were for Paul Dickens, and these were done at a cost price of over £500 each. Plus VAT.

The seats I'm selling are more like an F1 seat - if you want a reference as to what they are like ask Peter Carmichael (above)!!

Arnie

I have asked PC and he was full of praise for the quality of Caron Fibre used etc but are they fitted to the floor in the original holes or do I need to make holes in the bulkhead behind the seat and can they be adjustable for reach?

Stewart

As fitted to my car, they use the bolts used by the runners on std seats at the front, but two 6mm holes are required to be drilled in the rear bulkhead to secure the rear of the seat. There are some neat carbon fibre panels which sit between the seat and the bulkhead and spread the load of the Caterham bracket, thus not damaging the bulkhead.

That said, I believe PC has fitted one of his to an adjuster mechanism so Jo can drive???

Arnie

If these seats are still available I would be interested in seeing them. I would like to know the dimensions to see if they would fit into my car (the tunnel has been widened to move the engine back), are there any shots available of the seats or do you have dimensions?

Cheers,

Graeme.

www.fluke-motorsport.co.uk

Graeme

The seats are still in my car - where are you located - I'm near Gatwick.

I see you have a W*******d. These are wider than a Caterham so I guess the seats will probably fit.

In a '93 Caterham chassis (narrower and different tunnel design to '96 on) there is still a minimum of about half an inch of room each side of the seat at the tightest spot.

Arnie

Arnie,

Yes I have a W e s t f i e l d (why on earth aren't we allowed to post the name on this board?), however it has been modified quite extensively and is the narrow chassis. I'm more Heathrow way than Gatwick (I'm over in Marlow), I'm heading over to London on Sunday for the Listers/CCC rolling road day at Emerald. Will you be around for that or is it possible to view the seats later that day?

Feel free to contact me off forum if you wish (GFinlayson@vicorp.co.uk).

Cheers,

Graeme.

www.fluke-motorsport.co.uk

Edited by - Graeme on 12 Oct 2000 09:13:47

Graeme

I've sent you an email.......

Nick,

There are pics of my car on Simons www.x777cat.com or to get to the latest pics use this url:

http://www.ememories.com/pf/default.asp?PF=949A9485AEC6A393&PFPP=2245737

Press previous image link to see how car looked '95-'98 and the yellow ones are current. Any maroon pics of the car are how it was before I rolled in in '94!!

Arnie