Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Flared wings stays

Colin Grundy

OK I've only had the car for a day, but I'm stuck already.....

Can someone tell me how the flared wings stays fit. It glibley says in the assembly guide "for those cars fitted with flared wings fit the wing stays NOW" I do know that it is supposed to fit using the bolt at the rear of the top wisbone, but there is no diagram and this is the most parculiar looking bracket I've ever seen. which ever way you turn it it doesn't seem to make sense. Sorry for sounding a complete numpty but the shape of this thing and the angle it is supposed to fit has got me beat!!

Secondly for anyone that has recently got their car, mine appears to have things that I thought were optional i.e. Honeycomb boot floor, Powder coating inside the engine bay. Also all of the tonnau and hood poppers have been fitted. Not that I'm complaining, but from my recollection I can't remember seeing these on a bog standard car before, thought they had a large lump of plywood and polished ally inside the engine bay.

Colin

For the wing stays (unless they have changed since I fitted mine), the circular tube end fits into a clamp just behind the upper link and is held by two bolts that clamp down. The important point is that the headlamp platform needs to be horizontal toward the rear of the bracket so that the indicator lamps them hang down at the front of the bracket in line with the front of the headlamp platform.

For neatness, do not secure these too tightly at first, so that when the wings are attached to the car, then you can set the coach bolt that secures the wing to the bracket symmetrically across the car. Once the wings are attached, then tighten then clamp on the chassis.

Low tech luddite - xflow and proud!