Click here if you are having website access problems ×

5 speed type 9 gearbox

Irrelevant

I'm after a standard type 9 gearbox please - ideally one requiring a refresh - so with dodgy synchros, knackered blockers, maybe a rumbling bearing, but I'd consider an A1 box if it's cheap *wink*

I do not want anything that is not standard thanks.

Anyone got anything?

TIA *thumbup*

I have a standard type 9 five speed supplied by Caterham that has done 1k miles. It has the correct input shaft for a 2.0 duratec fitted by BGH. I am waiting for a bulk buy to happen on an SPC close ratio box (we need just two more people) before selling. I have no idea what it is worth?? Let me know if you are not in a desperate hurry and if it is of any interest?

madmaninshed: I am indeed interested and in no real hurry. Please let me know when it's available and you've had a think about what you want for it.

To be honest though, it's probably going to be worth more than I'll want to pay . . which is not a lot ☹️ I

'm after one for less than £100 really

Is your SPC deal an outright purchase of a full box then? i.e. Not exchange or just a gearkit.

Hi, my new box will be built in a Quaife ally casing and it is an exchange box, but I have found an old tired type 9 for £80 that I can use as an exchange. I was hoping to get a fair bit more for this one as it has hardly been run in, and they are expensive from Caterham. The £80 one is with another chap who is coming in on the bulk buy, and he can drop it off at SPC which helps. Regards, Paul.