Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Where was everyone?

sjmmarsh

I have just got back from a 9day, 1900 mile tour of Scotland in my 7. Total spotteds in that time:

Caterham 7 - 1

Westfield - 0

Donkervort - 1

locost (Dutch!) - 1

I know it wasn't the best weather, but we covered it all with the roof off (although we did need cagoules some days!) - I thought that I would see more than 3 in total...

Steve Marsh

My Caterham Page

Rob

My wife doesn't like the roof up as she finds it too claustrophobic. With walking trousers on, getting wet wasn't tpo bad as they dried pretty quickly.

Arriving in Oban (presumably where you had just come from) we found 5 hrs of blue skies and sunshine before returning through the gloom to Loch Ness where we were staying.

BTW - it was caterham yellow, not orange. We also lost our front number plate the day before in heavy rain...

Steve

Steve Marsh

My Caterham Page

I've just invested in a half hood for exactly that reason, its much less claustrophobic and in changeable weather we often found we just left it on. I didnt even take the full hood as I had too many bags on the back to be able to fit it

I'd come from Fort William that morning, where the weather was awefull, but as soon as we headed inland, it brightened up considerably and by the time we reached duke's pass (what a road!) it was very warm.

Did you go much further up past loch ness? I fancied heading further up but in only 5 nights had to limit my self, although I dont think I should be complaining, the roads we did were awesome, especially the A939 and A93 😬

Rob

Rob

I thought you might have had a half hood, but the luggage at the back meant that it was hard to tell.

We went all the way to the top. The later parts of the A9 are good, as is the road along the top - lots of swoopy bends and roller coasters. We headed back down one of the single track B roads (head south at Tongue) which was stunning. The best bit about the top end was there was little traffic, apart fromthe Germans who don't understand passing places and made me reverse about 400m when they only had to go back about 20!).

The best roads are in the middle part of Scotland through the Cairngorms.

We had come from Invermoriston on Loch Ness that morning, so were doing the reverse if your route.

Steve