Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Indicator Switches

Charlie7

Ihave the standard stalk switch in a Seven, and I got black flagged at Spa at the weekend as I had left the indictaors going all round thecircuit - don't laugh.....

Has anybody fitted a different style switch? and where can I get hold of them?

PS - anybody with an R500 = FIT SLICKS!!!! - wonderful!!!

Charlie

I see no reason why you should not get a motorcycle type one.

A thumb switch to slide to the left or right and press down in the center of the slider to cancell.

I think that that one of the v expensive specials had a button setup working on this theory but it was probably bespoke. Whereas the bike swich would cost a fiver.

Nick

I might have a go of this my self

Why not build yourself an audible alarm as per Sevenup (Steve Motts? web site) downloads. Very easy and works well. I made mine so loud I can hear it changeing lanes on the motorway at over *** miles/hour with earplugs in. Only problem is you feel a right t*t sitting in a traffic queue in town with the indicator going.

Alan

Every time I dump the clutch the flasher unit pops itself out of the relay block and sits in the passenger footwell. Worried me the first time in case it was one of the more important relays, fuel pump, coil supply etc. When it kept going I decided it probably wasn't.

Even if your's is better secured removing it by hand would be much easier than taking the switch out and has exactly the same effect.

Charlie7,

Just looking through Vehicle Wiring Products mail order catalogue and they have a couple of different styles of illuminated On/Off/On toggle switchs. I'm not sure if they 'illuminate' when the switch is in either of the 'On' positions. If they do then it might be a solution.

Tel: 0115-930 5454 or email sales@vehicleproducts.co.uk

I am currently trying to make a circuit to allow push button indicators to be mounted on the steering wheel.press once to start,press again to stop or leave alone and they will cancel in 10 seconds.press the other side whilst one side is on and they cancel one and start the other.

The theory is all done,just need the components and a bit of circuit board fabrication.

The Meaning of Life Part VII;Death

• 2 weeks later...