Click here if you are having website access problems ×

It's so groovy to be back in the old Seven again.....

Unclefester

Some of you may vaguely recall I used to post on here once apon a time, when we had a Seven which was actually in running order.

Stupidly, I sold that one last summer, and was obliged to put the lovely leather seats from our other Seven, an ancient crossflow known as KPE, in it as the new owners were short in the leg region and couldn't be doing with the bench seat.

KPE had a problem with the wet sump and had to have surgery to install a DS system which turned into a 3 year saga........but the old gal is now back in fighting form!

Incredibly, I've discovered this car has hidden talents!

It's a magnet for middle aged french women!

All I have to do is sit in it, looking suitably piratical, in a supermarket carpark, and they can't stop themselves coming over to start a conversation....I met one of my best buddies in France due to KPEs talents in this direction! The lady in question said "Do you know my 'usband?" Apparently he was a car nut (it's not considered so "politically incorrect" here, thankfully) and the upshot was she said "Follow me!" so I did!

That was 3 years ago.

Today, I'm sat outside another superU, with my very glamourous 18 year old daughter beside me, and another french laydee of a certain age but still quite yummy started to say what a lovely old banger KPE is etc.

Incredibly, she started to describe a guy who did a one man 'Raid' in a 1950 Renault Prairie 4x4 to the Sahara last year and this guy is my french buddy's good friend!

What a teeny weeny world it is!

But it is good to be able to drive the old thing again......no doors or roof, no rear 'hair net' *rolleyes*

Now I really MUST find time to put the new engine in the SV.....it's all been under dust covers since some time in 2006!

Doesn't time fly? *smokin* 😶‍🌫️ *confused* *eek* 😬 *tongue*

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds..ooooh hooo hooo!!...

😬 😬Abbey Road Time-Machine *eek* *eek*

Good to see you back on here Nick *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

If you have too many French women contacts could I ask you to pass them on please? My good lady does not read BC so I think it should be safe..... *rolleyes* 😬 😬 *wavey* *wavey*

Dave Ardley - White Xflow with Clams

The Bearded Clams - King Clam of Clam Hill!

photos

Edited by - Wile7 on 27 Jul 2009 21:27:07

It was funny though....after this Française had been chatting for 15 minutes, my daughter picked up her kitbag and strolled off....she was supposed to be meeting some people and leaving for a weeks camping, and I find the young are a lot less enthusiastic about old cars than the more mature women....funny that.

Not that I haven't tried to get her interested...and she loves my old Davrian to the point of suggesting I leave it to her when I shuffle off for the void.

She has known it all her life.....here, I'm imparting sage wisdom on the subject of door panel gaps....

Anyone who knows Davrians will understand.

Edited by - Unclefester on 28 Jul 2009 09:30:39

Hi all you Shedders who so kindly remember the days when I posted not infrequently in this hallowed Shed! *wavey*

Dave, the Lancia incident is now closed, and a line drawn below it.

I sold the sad remains for 2500 of our lovely Hex yoorohs, and the noble Fred, who was wholly responsible for its loss, coughed up the balance to bring it to 5000 euros which is probably what it'd have gone for had I eventually sold it.

The can on the Davrian....the great Imp tuner, Ian Carter (RIP Ian) has determined the optimum exhaust lengtth from the end of the manifold to the outlet is 42" (I think....) but whatever the magic figure is, that exhaust is exactly it! It's exactly the same spec as the works rally Imps.

Our intention is to use it for Historic Rallying, as I'm pretty sure it's a Rally shell....the car weighs a huge 600kg wet, and my other Davrian is only 499kg, so the extra is probably due to the heavier layup used for rally destined shells, the Dav being a monocoque.

Admitted the can is a bit big, but the baffle is adjustable. It's a bit on the quiet side now, so maybe I should go and shoot a few holes in it! *wink*

Edited by - Unclefester on 28 Jul 2009 13:18:48

Poop-poop, if you please!! *nono*

I'm not responsible for the parping that goes on around here... except when I've been on the Guinness the night before *redface*

The middle-aged women thing seems to happen over here too. The Seven attracts women of a certain age who relish a chance to talk about the days way back when they used to own an MG/Healey/motorcycle etc. or about the MR2/Smart Roadster etc. they have in the garage.

Now, if I wanted to get the young uns’ attention I should invest in some fashionable blue LEDs and CF-effect sticky-back plastic… The difficult ones to win over are those who fall between those two groups, who seem mostly to be worried about how dangerous it must be. I think I will have to tape a cushion to the dashboard and then hang a few danglies from the rear view mirror to make it seem more friendly. *thumbup*

Poop-poop! *cool*

*arrowdown*

*wink* nothing...

*arrowup*

Still Strongy with his poncy blue leather seats gets attention not from middle aged women but middle aged men of a certain character

Who 🤔

How's you Dicks? Still in Devon???

UF, I havent heard the word "Davrian" for many years, and you have a duo. Hmmmmmmmmm

Penn 7s Joint AR with Markiebabes (aka The Blatmeister)

SM25T, yep, noise regs and also it actually runs a lot stronger with a properly tuned exhaust....42" from the end of the Janspeed manifold to the tip of the conical tailpipe.

It does look a bit strange in that picture but its made worse by the fisheye lens! *tongue*

My vote's for the french maids btw...... *idea* *smokin*