Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

A few random tech things

TomB

A few random tech questions after a day tinkering with Tiggy (a 1.4 SS)

1. What are the two random sockets on black and red cables on the drivers side loom near the cut off key? One is yellow and marked 'Receiver' & the other a white rectangle marked KE113RO10%. My guess is that they are for some sort of fancy digital display or rev instrument?

2. A 'Minster Power' badge on my engine. Do all 1.4 SS have this as part of the conversion? I assume this is unlikely therefore it has been to Minster at some point. Is there any way of finding what they did, before I consider further tuning? Will Caterham or Minster have a record of the chasis number & what they did?

3. How much slack should there be in the throttle cable? The pedal has to move ~0.5 cm before there is any movement on the throttle body. I changed my cable to see if it had stretched, and I have fully shortened the adjustment. Is this normal?

4. What is needed to convert a 1.4SS to a similar spec to a 1.4 Roadsport, which I gather are really good.

thanks in advance

Tom & Tiggy

I dont want to decrease the power. Tiggy is fine as she is. I meant what are the extras a 1.4 Roadsport has. I understand they were limited editions with nice extras. What were they, are they good updates to find etc.

i am really intrigued as to what Minster have done with my car. I looked at their website & they sell some tuning packages for 1.6 k. Could my car have had some sort of tuning by Minster? Will call them this week.