Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Why is an R300 competing in Class 3

Mark Durrant

I recently received a tip off about a certain competitor in class 3 and following a detailed piece of investigative journalism I uncovered the reason for his recent success 😳. He may have changed his name but the registration number gives the game away. See the second picture down here

It looks like the Eligibility Scruitineer may be busy, especially looking for those throttle bodies 😳

Errmm......

What can I say 😬 😬

The possible explanations are:

-The previous owner was trying to big up his car and mistaken referred to it as an R300

- He has obviously mistaken the identity

- I changed it back to standard Superlight spec after I bought it.

Any of those sound plausible?

And after I was so careful to back off as I went through all those speedtraps!! Can't believe it *cry*

Anyway - thanks for digging this up MARK!! And they cal Mr Angry a troublemaker!!

Mike

Well Mr S has been on the phone protesting his innocence although he did admit that the previous owner was called Tom. At present all results will stand unless I receive a protest from a competitor in class 3 *eek*

Oh and he made threats against Ray which I think is unfair in all he has done is post a report based on evidence provided to him by.....

Anyway, I am looking forward to scruitineering on Sunday 😬

Mark D

I must admit to never seeing the bonnet off K7 SLT 😬

Why does it have to be someone in class 3 only that is able to protest, most of the troublemakers have left that class now *tongue*

Rob

PS mike if you need it Ihave an old plenum lying around you can have

Edited by - robmar on 27 Jul 2009 16:27:06

I'll get you for this Durrant *mad* *mad*

Now look Rob, don't you start encouraging the others in 3 - they are all going to be enough trouble as it is!!

Anyway, I am sure Dave Nelson would agree with me here - blue cars are supposed to win 😬

Mike

And another thing - I don't remember our Competiton Secretary mentioning that K7 SLT was more like an R300 when he drove it - although I have to say that when he passed me when I was in the tintop on the IoM it did seem to be going rather fast 😔

Anyway I will just have to challenge that Mr Snoate to a duel as he had impuned my reputation - if only we can find him.....

Thanks for the offer Clive but as I only dance after too much to drink (which never happens *redface*) that might have to wait!

Mike

Mike

you put me in a difficult position. Yes blue cars are meant to win. Do we think Adrian's car is really blue but just wanted to get closer to its feminine side 🤔

As for protesting, well if you keep beating class 3 records some in 5 might get upset. Lets see what TM makes of it 🤔

David

Hi Mikes

*wavey* *wavey*Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *wavey* *wavey*

Rob Jeff and I were looking under the bonnet at Shelsley remarking on the differences to ours *eek*

Shame I can't join you at Harewood, sure to be some stick.

Robin, Just checking the correct spelling for "lodge" and "objection"

SUPERLIGHT 176. PINK LIPS AND BITS *redface* *redface* *redface*