Click here if you are having website access problems ×

carb linkage & Weber Alpha

Glenn Wheeler

One niggle I have had with my HPC for years, is the very poor throttle cable arrangement. The cable exits the pedal box and immediatly fouls with the K & N filter, this in a very short time damages the filter. Also because the cable joins the carbs in a vertical position, I have had problems with moisture and dirt entering the cable causing a less than smooth operation.

Is there any product that replaces this system that would provide a smooth reliable linkage and still fit under the bonnet?

I have decided to address this problem now because I have finally fitted 3D Weber Alpha ignition system and ditched the supplied MBE pack. It is the best £300 I have ever spent, it has totally transformed the car,it came already mapped for the VX XE,was easy to fit and I wish I had done it years ago.

The MBE pack is free to any good home!!

I am no expert, but I know what feels good. Pick up from low revs in any gear is smooth with no "bogging down" mid range the engine pulls like a train and keeps going strong all the way to the red line. And the good thing is its not been finely tuned and carbs balanced yet!! Also the fuel consumption seems to have improved.

Now Im not sure whether my car was in a poor state of tune prior to the fitting, but even when it was rolling roaded last year it was nowhere as good as it is now.

I know its not a technical reply but I hope it helps.

I dont know where you live, but if you Email Steve Kipling on sk@webcon.co.uk he will give you your local agents.

I purchased mine from JP AUTOTECHNICS

Unit A 28/32 Main st

Aughton nr SHEFFIELD

0114 2879191

I miss quoted the price( I am to used to telling lies to the wife) The kit was £387 incl VAT although I did get some discount.