Click here if you are having website access problems ×

caterham parts list on line

Fred

Cheers Fred.

Trevor,

Copy the text and past into notepad. Save as std text file, then load up into excel. Each column then auto separates and you can do the search. The text will need a little formatting though.

Regards,

Martin.

You don't have to have it in Excel format to search, using Internet Explorer you can do Ctrl+F or "Find" from the edit menu. This will search the current page for the specified text. You can do this on any webpage, try doing !now!, enter "Lawrence_Z" in the search dialog box and click the "Find Next" button. There is the annoying feature where the found text will be underneath the search dialog box so you have to move it out the way.

Alternatively, once whole page is loaded you could save it locally on your hard disk by doing a "select all" (Ctrl+A) followed "copy" (Ctrl+C). This text could then be "pasted" (Ctrl-V) in to "Notepad", "Word" or some similar text editor/word processor and saved.

If you really want the Excel file you can reduce its size using a compression program like "WinZip" but the person receiving it will need the same software to uncompress it again.

Sorry if I'm telling folk how to suck eggs!

Ian.

errrmm, without wishing to spoil the party, but have you checked with Caterham that they are ok with this going online ?

Its a great idea and I hope they dont give you any grief but you ought to check just in case they dont like you doing it - I'm not a copyright expert but they may have some rights over their data which you should check up on.

Nick

P8MRA - The greenid=green> one with redid=red> wings