Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VX 2.0L Caterham "FOR SALE"

thorpep

I want to go racing so thought I would see if there is any interest out there for my 7.

One previous owner, only covered 4,200 miles, 40th Anniversary Ruby Red with cycle wings (with VX race wingstays). Main extras are:

6 Speed Caterham box

Big brakes

Push button start

FIA Roll Bar

Widetrack

13" silver Minators with Avon ACB 10's

Adjustable platforms with uprated spings - 250 front and 215 rear

Recent full service and flat floor set up carried out by Caterham. This car is in excellent condition and has recent new wings all round. if I can't get most of my money back I will keep it!

Anyone interested at around £17,995?

Hi

Just incase your interested we hire caterhams for racing

The spec is 1600K 135bhp 6 speed box

Engines are Minister sealed and can run in Brscc Roadsport A championship (nat B licence) or 750mc class B or many local championships.

Mail rocky.racing@virgin.net

rocky

• 2 weeks later...

Matthew,

Be fair.

It was a car which has been used hard for racing and although resprayed a couple of years ago does not look very clean under the bonnet.

The owner was also very desparate to sell it, and this was absolutely a key factor in the price the deal was done at.

FWIW I have personally been involved in the purchase of a DiDion Xflow for £6750 in 1995 - this was also a shed of a car at the time, the key components being the source of the value.

With Caterhams retail prices hitting "£27K for a well specced R300" I think it unlikley that you will be able to buy any Caterham Seven which is of desirable (i.e clean) spec and condition for under £15k soon.

Anyone thinking of selling a Superlight at Pie Boy prices should certainly hang on.

AutoTrader, E&M and other used car press, as well as the motor trade in general are seeing a big surge upward in used car values from the lows post 9.11

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM site

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website here