Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Crossflow/general bits & pieces

Sam Monoogian

I've still got a load of crossflow bits I no longer need. The cheaper bits are given a price in line with the guidelines but really could do with them out of the garage and can't bring myself to bin them so may accept cheeky offers/money to NtL instead.

Photos for all (most at least) bits can be seen here and all parts are located in Thatcham, Berks.

Crossflow:

2-piece dust shield/sandwich plate for crossflow to type 9 bellhousing - £10 - SOLD

Pair of engine mounts - (ex-Graham Ford incidentally) - these were blasted back to bare metal and Hammerited (badly) but no visible rust - £15

Oil Breather Elbow - £5

Distributor clamp - £2 SOLD

VDO Oil pressure gauge and sender, 0-5bar - 1995 era, rust spots around bezel - £10

VDO Water Temperature Gauge - £5

Alternator Strap - £2

Exhaust bundle - Complete rear exit exhaust system, plus side exit silencer with adaptor piece to mate to 4-2-1 collector from rear exit system - £75 - PART SOLD - Rear exit silencer, rear exit pipe and rear mounting strap remaining £30ono

Oil pump with Mocal take-off for cooler - £25

Starter motor - 3 years old but only on car for about 2000 miles - puts solenoid underneath motor body - £50 on ebay here

Starter motor - untried or tested - has solenoid above motor body - £25 on ebay here

General:

Fuel filler - bezel only - £5

Lumenition Optronic Ignition - £30 - on ebay here

Set of switches and connectors - 1995 vintage - £5 - SOLD

Standard front brake callipers - no pads - £40

Edited by - Sam Monoogian on 23 Jul 2009 23:45:14

Edited by - Sam Monoogian on 31 Jul 2009 19:38:46

Richard,

The side exit silencer is 4.5" diameter (i.e. not very big) and allows a great noise from a crossflow though I'm not able to quantify noise level in dB. It has a larger inlet pipe diameter, which was part of the reason for the adaptor piece (the other being the difference in position between a 4-2-1 and 4-1 collector. I preferred the look (even with the adaptor piece) and sound of it to the rear exist system.

If you've already got a rear exit system would you prefer to buy the side-exit silencer and adaptor piece for say £30? I'd be happy for you to try it for size/sound if you're local or can organise GONADs delivery or similar.

Marcus,

YHM back.

Hi Sam,

Yes interested in just the side-exit and adapter.

I'm travelling from Brentwood (Essex) to the Silverstone Clasic for the weekend.

If it helps I could 'swing past' Thacham on the way home on Sunday?

If not we could arrange GONADS etc. Let me know by 'Blatmail' or post on here.

Richard *wavey*

Hi Sam,

I am interested in the exhaust system that is remaining ie the rear exit pipe and silencer etc. I have had some problems with mine cracking at the front joint between the silencer and pipe and I am not sure how long it will survive more welding.

The only problem is I am on vacation now for 2 weeks.

So if it is not taking up too much room in your garage I would like to place a dibs on the exhaust. SWMBO will be passing by Newbury in a couple of weeks so she could pick it up then if that isnt too long to wait.

Thanks Chris

1700ss BRG/Yellow Stripe the only way to cruise

Edited by - Abbot on 24 Jul 2009 22:12:13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...