Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

SLR Rear brake pads

Sandy

Rear pads on o/s are down to the metal

Car is standard SLR on 01 plate 20k miles used for road use and track days

What should I replace the standard pads with? (Part No and supplier would be very helpful!)

Im planning on putting Pagids on the front and some point (later this year) but cant afford it yet

Appreciate some clarity - tried the archives but it all started to get too confusing for my Architectural brain

An SLR will have the 4 pot fronts so if buying from CC you need the rears that are specific to the 'big brake' fronts not the standard jobs.

You could use Mintex 1144, available from Questmead 01706 860088 at just over £55 incl postage and vat stock code MDB1287M1144. Theses will match the fronts quite nicely and could still be used when you put some Pagids into the fronts at a later date.

I have used a mixture of Pagids at the front and Mintex 1144 at the rear for the last few years in the club speed championship.

Adrian

Before moving to Pagid front (RS15) & rear (RS14) I used to run Mintex 1144 (or Green Stuff) in the front & standard in the rear. Fronts are 4 pot Alcons.

The 1144 in the front & standard in the rear gave a good balance but the rears wore out in 12 months with heavy use. I wouldn't be surprised if the SLR had standard rear pads as standard. Darren will know.

Oh these people are good for brake advice/supply:

Performance Braking Ltd

Singleton Court Business Centre

Wonastow Road

Monmouth Gwent NP5 3AH

01600 713117

Edited by - Mick Day on 16 Jul 2009 14:32:59

Ordered the Mintex rears this morning £56.77 all in and great service, should be here Monday so thanks for the tip Adrian *thumbup*

Dave, I tried to call DT but Dave K is away til Monday, is the info enough for me to place an order for the PF01s or do you have a part No please?

Thanks again 😶‍🌫️

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Mintex 1144 are working well on the rear and now I have some money I need to upgrade the front

I was planning on the PF 01 as recommended by Dave but have dibs on Alisons Pagids in for Sale

These are RS14 Black E1265

Anyone know if these are likely to be ok for my 01 SLR (Black calipers) Road and Track use

Im a bit confused because the Fluke website shows 2 versions of the RS14, a race and a road/track pad. Most other sites only list the RS14 black 🤔

Edited by - Sandy on 27 Aug 2009 16:50:34