Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Which 4 point race belts

Petrolhead

I'm interested to hear opinions on this too. My harnesses will need replacing next year.

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

• Area Representative

I bought Sabelt direct from them - look up website.

Why?

Much cheape and easier to adjust.

My experience of the Caterham harnesses is that they are very stiff and whilst the lap adjusters are the correct way i.e. you pull the end of the belt up, they are a pig to tighten as they are stiff. Also the adjuster is wedged between the seat and the body which makes them difficult to extend.

Sabelt were also good to deal with.

By the way, I found the washers supplied with the Caterham belts were poor and did not allow the fitting to rotate properly - if you see what I mean.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

• 1 month later...

It looks like I am down to choosing between Willans and Sabelt

My only concern is, from what I have read, it's harder to tighten the lap belt compared to the Luke as you pull down towards the seat and not up. Can anyone comment

Also, it looks like the ecconomy has increated all the DT prices and the the CC luke belts are now the cheapest.

One last think, I can't seem to find a web site for Luke, have they stopped trading?

-----

My site-----

• Area Representative

One of my concerns with the Sabelt was the fact that the lap straps pulled down. In practice they are OK and in my opinion easier to adjust than the Caterham branded ones. I have found all the Caterham ones very stiff to adjust even when pulling up and also to slacken the lap straps is difficult as the buckle (which needs to be folded over) tends to be fouled by the S type seats.

The Sabelt lap straps adjust easily and I tend to adjust tight and then breathe in and click into the buckle. Hope you can understand. 😬

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Had a word with Richard at Luke and he is putting together a price

Also spoke to Dave at DT and his advice for road use was to go 3" Shoulder and 2" Lap. His prefered chice is Sabelt but felt that either Sabelt or Willans would be good. He suggested that the alloy adjuster, although very nice if money no object, the std adjuster of both belts were fine

-----

My site-----

I bought some Schroth for my C7 having used them and been very happy in a couple of Porches. They are not cheapest, but well made, adjust easily and have some good safety features. Fitting was easy. I use 6 point harnesses; you can always ignore the crotch straps, but I tend to use them.