Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1000's of them - Rockingahm International

Geoff Wilcx

Well it felt like 1000's of them - *rolleyes*- swarming around around having great fun - looked like the whole 09 Academy Turned out in advance of next weeks race.

You'll find the National Circuit boring after having done the International.

Glad to see you all enjoyed yourselves and think you certainly put those GT3 Porsche's to shame.

*thumbup* *thumbup*

My Winter '08 Upgrade was to a screaming DVA K05.

www.geoffwilcoxphotography.co.uk

Ha! I'm going to take that as a spotted 😬

Was a good day - I agree. Especially the last 30 mins in the dry, even if I did get a black flag *nono* I was overtaking two other Academists on the straight (well, perhaps into the braking zone - fair cop really) who were locked together ... 1up at the front and a quicker driver 2up behind, who therefore couldn't do anything on the straight.

EDIT: Why will the National circuit be boring. Ok - we lose the "Paf" in "Pif-Paf" which is a shame, but we don't have to do that treachourous hairpin (Gretton), and the other bit we miss is Kirby. The bit we do to end the lap instead of Gretton looks to have some rather tasty kerbs in it, but overall I thought the track would be similar in entertainment value ...

Edited by - Z3MCJez on 12 Jul 2009 10:20:07

I was Black n Blue Caterham 118.

We had 2 up for the last hour and as the track finally came good we just had to run round with you guys - had a few "exciting" moments with the more eager ones so let them through and followed at a safer distance.

Was it you that span with the Exige on first hairpin -

You're right the last 30 miutes was one of the best track day sessions I have had for some time.

Nothing really wrong with National but of the two I personally prefer the International.

My Winter '08 Upgrade was to a screaming DVA K05.

www.geoffwilcoxphotography.co.uk

Not me in the spin with the exige, although I will lay claim to the tyre track that went all the way through the gravel trap 😳

I must admit, I think I preferred the National circuit - the left/right/left was a nice little test, although one of my fellow Academists *MANAGED TO ROLL HIS CAR 3 TIMES HAVING HIT ONE OF THOSE TASTY KERBS* *eek* *eek* *eek* He was fine, but as I went past he was hanging from his harnesses upsidedown. It was quite a shock.

You were probably right not to get too involved with us Academy racers. We're collectively more racy than talented.

Jez

Build Photos