Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Duratec 2.3 installation questions

wild bill

Ok a few questions.

My instal continues apace 2 steps forward 1 back as is the way of things for a complete novice.

3 questions for today

1) The backplate for the Pipercross airfilter. I have marked the centreline and then marked 12mm down as reccommended by Rob Walker however my engine is slightly nose down so should the backplate be level with the top rail of the sideskin(which is my view at the mo) or as currently marked, level to the Throttlebodies.

2) Hose from camcover oil breather goes to where?

3) The wiring into the back of the coilpack currently has wire on drivers side firing 1 & 3 and passenger side wire firing 2 & 4 is this the right way round?

Still don't know the thread size for the mechanical op access into the sump and this is my biggest sticking point at the mo.

I am left with installing the following

Throttle cable

Fuel Regulator

Exhaust

All hoses

Radiator and fan (have had to fabriocate my own fan brackets despite CC assuring me they came with the rad)

Possibly a different cam cover to allow bonnet to clear

Rolling road bookedfor 21st July and hope springs eternal

Oh and Rob Walker and Raceline have been truly magnificent in their patience and help to a complete mechanical novice

1. it is personal preference regarding the positioning of the airfilter some like it parallel with the top rail some like it parallel with the TB`s I fall into the latter camp. Just keep the front edge as low as possible.

2. Run to your oil catch tank

3. Have to get backto you on this my notes are not with me , however you need three wires , one switched live and two ignition drivers from the ECU.

4. the tapped hole into the oil filter housing is 12mm X 1.5mm pitch.

Cheerio

Rob