Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mazda Eunos Roadster (MX5)

New Cat

They have a little baby, have bought a C-Max and just want rid. The reserve is £1200 and I believe they would hapily take that for a low hassle deal. I've not seen in recently but understand it is essentially sound and rust free, the only problem noted were slightly slow electric window motors.

The car is based in Bournemouth if you'd like to take a look. Otherwise I could probably arrange to take through look and report back (busy week but should be possible).

Jon

Edited by - New Cat on 6 Jul 2009 20:32:22

As far as one can judge from the photos, it looks quite tidy. A chap where I work just bought a fairly scruffy one for similar money to the reserve. Once checked to be clear of underbody rot and any other MX5 issues should be a good buy.

P

BRAWNGP green SUPERLIGHT *smokin*

FCITW 2009 😬

I have been on the lookout for a modestly priced MX5 for some time now.

There are a lot for sale on e-bay, but they rarely make the reserve prices.

I guess most people who buy cars off e-bay are either:

a) under the influence, or

b) after a bargain that makes the risk worthwhile.

To buy a car in a private sale I'd normally go for a look/test drive, agree a price, leave a deposit, go away to sort out insurance and then collect on an agreed date.

With e-bay you either take a chance on a few crappy pictures or go all the way to inspect the vehicle without any guarantee that you won't get outbid in the auction.

Don't get it, to be honest...

However, a trader did once tell me that the fees from an e-bay sale were a lot less than "conventional" advertising, so he was quite happy using it as a sales medium.

Could I ask the original poster why his friends decided to advertise on e-bay?

If I was to express an interest would they be willing to do a deal and withdraw from the auction? Please PM me with more details if poss.

Thanks very much.

Mike,

I have now bought five cars off ebay. On every ocassion I have been to inspect the car and if I like it I make an offer there and then. On every ocassion the seller has then 'pulled' the advert. cheapest car £1,700, most expensive £9,500.

Obviously there is no guarantee that they will accept but I've just taken a chance each time.

Mind you I have looked at several serious 'dog's which If I'd won on ebay would have resulted in a 'discussion' with the seller.

Before anyone asks yes it is tough on ebay but after the way they shut down my son's account and held onto his paypal money which was rightfully his for several months before releasing it, frankly I don't give a dam.

Tony

L7 EVL *evil*

Thanks for the enquiries. They were keen to sell and advertise to a wide audience hence the ebay ad.

The car quickly sold (via ebay) with the auction being withdrawn. I highlighted it on here as it was a real bargain in my opinion given the condition and spec.

Jon

Really? The ebay auction is still going!

Is there any penalty to withdraw your item from auction once bids have been placed?

I am still in the market for a good condition Eunos Roadster S-Special with BBS wheels and Bilsteins if anyone has one for sale! *cool*