Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R500 Mag Centre Caps - testing the water

rj

As there frequently is a post for R500 Mag Centre Caps I thought I'd test the water.

I reckon I can have a mould made up by one of my friends, borrow a plastic injection moulding machine and make the above caps.

However.... I would have to ask a friend (yes I have a few) to do me a huge favour, and hence it's not something I'd do just to make 12 caps!

If you are interested, please register interest here. If there's enough interest I'll go further.

Caps will be made from glass filled PPS which is a very durable plastic material - it is ie used for pulleys, has a high melting point and is hard as zinc. They will need to be painted by the end user. (I can't be bothered doing this)

The cost of a prototype mould for this would probably be 1500£ (which I will not be paying) and production cost would then be 3-5£ for each cap. I just mention this to get things into perspective. I would be asking for a donation to NtL; I would probably be asking 20£ incl. postage for each set of four.

How does it sound?

Roy,

I'll never reach break even as all funds will be sent to NtL. I guess all I'll have to pay is the raw materials ant to hire the moulding machine, but the value of the favour I'm asking a friend is £1500.

I haven't put a number on yet. I'll discuss with my friend early next week when he returns from his holiday if we can do it.

Are you desperate?