Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brooklands Aeroscreen

Andy Honnor

Someone told me that dead flies on your teeth 😬 are a sign of happy motoring, therefore, I am just about to fit Brooklands Aeroscreen. Are there any top tips out there? In particular:

There are 2 small holes either side of the centre of the Aeroscreen Stanchion - are they there for a reason?

Any advice about where to get some socket contersunk bolts and some dome nuts from? Either mail order or high street.

And last, but probably most embbarrasing, how do you get the wipers off?

Thanks

Andy

The holes are to give you a bench mark as to where you start drilling the fixing points. Try Screwfix for the stainless steel c/sunk bolts... not too sure if they also do the dome nuts for the "top-side" fitting.

When you bolt the screens and mirrors on the stanchion, a useful tip is to Araldite the counter sunk head to the stanchion. Then if you need to remove a mirror, etc. you don't need to take the stanchion off the car to access them.

I converted the yellow car about 6 years ago... wonder feeling not having the wind buffeting your hair style *smile*but it does get my beard knotted!

I actually sit fairly low in the car (c/fibre seats) and look through the Brooklands, but when it rains I just fold them down and let the water slide off my helmet.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine

Baz

The brooklands aeroscreen stanchion for my SV has just arrived today from Arch 😬. What size counter-sunk bolts (presumably tapered) did you use. I like the idea of taping a thread and if I mess up *rolleyes* I could always fit helicoil or bolt from below with dome nut.

Other question is do the standard retaining channels as per CC fit the SV?

Dick

Superlight SV Duratec R400 Arch Inside 😬

Edited by - dickbowyer on 6 Jul 2009 20:27:08

Welcome to Brooklands, you'll never go back. Oh apart from the M4 in November when pi55ing down and running on A048s , freezing cold and soaked right through, and blinded by spray.

It's all character building. 😬

Windscreens... They're for poofs

I'm fitting a Brooklands aeroscreen on to my car soon. The aeroscreen comes as an assembled unit on a stantion its just a case of taking out the scuttle captive nuts from the windscreen stantion and swapping over - shopul;d be straight forward. My question is.. .. do you need to fit a seal / tape between the aeroscreen stantion and the scuttle? other wise its metal on metal and I'm worried for the pait work?

Comments

There are two types of bands for the Brooklands 1. follows the same line as the windscreen - in which case no problem or 2. covers the holes where the wiper bosses would be inwhich case I know that some have lined the underside of the Stancion with bycycle inner tube - but that could still trap dirt.

I've fitted my Brookland so that the centre mirror bolts and the inner pillar bolts all fit through the scuttle hence minimise movement between stanchion and scuttle - I've not noticed any damage so far.

Paul M

All

I have recently fiited a brooklands screen to my SV

I drilled, tapped and then countersunk the mounting holes from the underside to mount the brooklands screen to the scuttle strap. I then used threadlock to secure countersunk headed screws into the scuttle strap to provide a set of 'studs' that the screens fitted on to. Stainless dome headed nylocks then finished the job off neatly. i was also concerned about metal on metal fretting between stap and scuttle and decided to fit a piece of armourfed between the two - a foam gasket will pick up dirt and increase the fretting - my armourfend came from Premier paint Guard.

hope that helps

The lead dog always gets the best view.

You can buy the armourfend as pre-cut pieces/profiles e.g. nose cones, cylcle wing lips, bonnet catch guards etc or you can just get rectangluar sections and cust to shape yourself. If you give Dave Wood a call on 07756 018 966 he will be able to sort you out either way.

The lead dog always gets the best view.