Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Another MPG thread

prangerman

K Series R300 (with Cat bypass)

I don't know whether it is the warmer weather, the fitting of the verniers and associated better timing and balancing of the roller barrels ( *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*DVA), the change from BP Ultimate to Shell V Power, the fitting of a RiF aeroscreen *thumbup*, but my MPG has risen from about 30 when I bought the car last September, to over 37 for the spirited run from NW Kent to the last Goodwood breakfast meeting and back . 😬

The car gets its share of comparatively "gentle" miles (through urban areas etc) but it also sees more enthusiatic use too. I tend not to use the brakes very much - such a waste of energy- but that cannot account for all the improvement *confused* *wink*

Peter

In Memoriam DMG

Norman

Given that Shell V Power is 109p+ per litre at my local Shell outlet at the moment, I'm happy to see 37+mpg = 290+ miles range!Not sure I would try to go quite so far on a tankful tho'.

You are right about the aero. It does make such a difference but getting the timing sorted by DVA has undoubtedly contributed 2-4mpg before I went aero.

Regards to SWMBO for me please.

Peter *wink*

In Memoriam DMG

Peter, likewise with the regards and give the children a kiss from us.

I just filled the Pug. 1.23€ per liter in Super U (95). The Pug garage has 98 at 1.3089€ pl !

I'll say this only once and very quitely.

18mpg on road

8mpg on track

was that quiet enough?

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven toThe French Blatting Company Limited