Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.6k Supersport For Sale

F355GTS

I've a opportunity to buy a Caterham Superlight R but need to sell my current 7 1.6 Supersport.

1996 Caterham 1600 Supersport, 6 Speed gearbox, Limited Slip Diff, 8% Quick Rack, Wide-Track Suspension

Light Weight Fly Wheel, Apollo anti-cav tank, Uprated AP clutch, Big front brakes, 4 into 1 Racing Exhaust

13" Wheels AO32R Tyres, Alloy radiator, Battery Master Switch, S Type Leather Seats, 4 point Harness, Push Button Start

Color Coded FIA Roll Bar, Racetech Steering wheel, Aluminium 6-speed gear knob, 7 logo grill

Carbon-Fibre Front-Indicator mounts, Full Weather Gear, Hood Bag, Cycle Front Wings,Color-Coded Carbon Fibre Rear Wings

Uprated Master Cylinder, AP600 Fluid, 1155 Pads, Silicone Hoses

MOT/ Tax to March 2003

32,000 Miles

Sold with spare set of 13 x 6 Wheels with A539's and C7 SSP Plate

£13,000

for Pics and Spec see http://www.collinsclan.co.uk/caterham/caterham.html (click on the thumbnails for a larger pic)

e-mail mark@collinsclan.co.uk

Mark

Edited by - F355GTS on 18 Jul 2002 18:27:30

Mark - sorry didn't get the mail either: if possible please ring landline above or txt or call my mobil 07786 337615 with your contact details, so I can ring ASAP and arrange to meet up, find out more and bring a sizeable cash deposit to hold until early next week.

Anybody still looking for good K's email me and I'll pass on details of other good K's.

There are some good SL's on the market (like the one that came on blatchat today), but slightly more money. brother was looking for a nice spec., well setup 7 on a budget and Mr Collin's car will do nicely.

Yep brother & I are v.pleased with the car, collecting soon - in some respects it handles better and is a better spec than my '97 SL (lucky brother)!

Masha

to be honest I've spent all day wondering if I've cocked up in selling it! still a deal's a deal and I'm sure with a bit of time and work the SLR will be just as good. If anybody wants contact details for the man that set it up for the track then e-mail me, I reckon you won't find better

Mark

I'd agree - the setup is spot on, don't worry I'm sure the replacement SLR will fly once your setup man gets his hands on it and it'll be very rewarding! I'll be in touch, did you get my mail yesterday? Speak to you soon Matt (Masha) Stears

.... yes its the @collinsclan..co.uk address that appears to have bounced back. Please confirm mail address to me at work matthew@cant.ac.uk and I'll fwd my note from yesterday onto you, to bring you upto date re. money & exchange this week.

Edited by - masha on 23 Jul 2002 08:27:31

okay, you've got mail on the other account, transferring balance as requested within the next 24hours. Come to think of it, I think I'll take the details of the man that setup your 1.6 and get him to work his magic on mine later this summer. As I said earlier, I wouldn't have too many regrets about moving onto the SLR, and once your man has got his hands on it and set it up I expect it launch itself around the track like a dream (just keep thinking of that very sweet 1.8 VHPD 190hp block in it, one day I'll get one too). I'll be in touch. Matthew

Mark excellent - all funds transferred, see you Saturday AM for collection,

kind regards for sorting this out so efficiently, Matthew (Masha) and Gareth (Gasha) Stears - the 7 brothers.

PS Thanks for trying re. the screen, found out that it is covered by insurance, but we'll have to pay £50 excess, which we may do in a few weeks. Don't worry about adjusting the price paid, just throw-in as many handy sparesas you said you could, and promise to give me first refusal on your SLR when you u/g to your R500 in the future! tee-hee (oh and possibly take Gar for a ride in your other car when the engine's repaired). But seriously, thanks andwe look forward to seeing you Saturday - we'll aim for 11am.

ms81@cant.ac.uk

Matt

thats fine, I meant to ask for 1st refusal if you ever decide to sell C7SSP, ride in the 355 is no problem although they've lost the new crankshaft somewhere between Maranello and Ascot! and I'm sorely tempted to sell it and by a Noble M12 but certainely if it's still around

See you Saturday

Mark