Click here if you are having website access problems ×

15" Dymag wheels with Yoko 32's

Miraz

15" Black Dymag wheels with Yokohama AO32R tyres

Front wheels are 15 x 7 wearing 205/50/15

Rear wheels are 15 x 8 wearing 225/50/15

The tyres are in good condition as they were replaced in July, I've also got a complete (used) set of spare tyres which are fairly worn but still road legal.

Looking for £650 for the lot - 4 wheels with both sets of tyres.

Miraz

What's the chances that I could get low enough profile tyres to get them under my shortened front wingstays and reduced radias wings? Damn. I really like these too. Perhaps I could engineers a quick off/on wing/stay arrangement allowing me to change between them easily.

I'll ask my SV-owning headlamp-bracket-making friend. He's looking for some 15's.

Worcs L7 club joint AO

Membership No.id=red> 4379id=green>

Azure Blue SLR No. 0077id=blue>

Quick maths would say that if you had 185/60/13s and wanted to retain the front tyre's width, you'd need 50 profile 15"ers to retain the same size overall. So eminently possible I would have thought. If you're on 205/60 rears you'll need 45s.

Of course you're using ACBs currently, but the maths would be similar...

Questions are - do they do ACBs in 15"? And how much does a 15" Dymag weigh (13"s are slightly less than an R500 wheel)?

They'd be a bit firmer ride wise too, with less sidewall to absorb impacts.

I have seen 15" ACB10s. My 6.5/7x15" Dymags are just over 5kg each.

650 is a bargain, I'd snap them up if I had the wonga. List price was (they don't make them any more) over 400 + VAT (not that I paid anything like that).

Mike

Edited by - Mike Bees on 18 Jul 2002 17:28:49

The width of the front tyres will prevent them fitting under the 13"/14" wing stay - you will need the half-section wing stay supplied for 15"/16" wheels.

If you want to swap front wing stays then it save me getting mine cut down...

ACB10's are available for 15" rims - bear in mind that most people with Yoko 32's are running much narrower rims, there is a lot of grip available from an 225 width 032.

List price for the set of wheels originally was over £1400

If I could get ACB10's with the same current rolling radius then I might. I'll have a word with my friend in Switzerland who has 15's and ACB10's I think his were slightly higher overall gearing than mine though. I really haven't got any "slack" left.

I must admit, I'd be keen on a set of 13" Dymags, if I could get them in similar widtchs to my current wheels (6.5 and 8.5). Why are they no longer making them? Thought they'd been around for years..??

Worcs L7 club joint AO.id=red> //id=blue> Membership No.id=red> 4379id=green> //Azure Blue SLR No. 0077id=blue> //Se7ens List Tours

Arn, thought so. Never mind. I'm not changing my wings as I've finally got the ones I always wanted. teeth.gif

Would love some 13" Dymags though. Think they look the bollards in black. thumbsup.gif

Worcs L7 club joint AO.id=red> //id=blue> Membership No.id=red> 4379id=green> //Azure Blue SLR No. 0077id=blue> //Se7ens List Tours

Edited by - V7 SLR on 19 Jul 2002 10:44:51

Ah, that's better. Thought you had two sets for a minute. *wink*

Anyway, thought brakes were irrelavant on a Se7en becausze they're so ligh... oh, yours is the SV isn't it? 😬 [snigger]

Mr Mirax, You have Caterham wings & stays, V7 doesn't. he has wings a la K2RUM......and shortened or VX race stays. The wings have a radii of 280mm (I know, I designed them!) meaning a wheel in excess of 270mm radii wont fit over the caliper and under the wing!

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM siteid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

Arnie - I've got a set of shiny new K2RUM-esque wings sitting on the shelf here - I think that they are even from the same batch as V7's.

I can send you a picture of the wing/wheel/stay combination fitting together if you'd like....

It only works because the lower portion of the caterham stay is significantly further from the wheel center than the top, which means that the center of the wing radius is shifted up and back a little bit.

Miraz