Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Well, what a feckin' surprise

Badger Bill

☹️Been lookin' for a family barge to take over child haulin' duties from our current model. Basically what is out there is not what I want as a family car without breaking into the family savings, which is my seven. Anyone know a get rich quick rich scheme (borderline legal considered *eek*) before the dreaded ad goes in the for sale section? 😔

BB ☹️

• Area Representative

Image is not everything (in family barge matters) so read this thread before you go any further.

Never mind the evreyday street-cred gap, just think of the cachet for your children when they occasionally get delivered to scholl in the Seven.

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty.

Kid is young, so no school run, but we need a family car that can do 20k a year without flinching and not bankrupt us on the gas. We bought the current one as a suppliment to a company car with sponsored fuel, so having lost that and the added fact that the wife dislikes it is starting to hit home. Also, only having one car that can transport the little one, means that to go out alone means to drive the seven, and this is not always practical. SO two pooper friendly cars, one that can do more than 35mpg petrol or 40mpg diesel are on the cards. Them's the breaks, I guess that I shall to wait until I can have one as a third car and just compalin bitterly until then...

BB

BB - my petrol vectra averaged 41mpg over the last 1000 miles.

I've told you to stop being a donkey and just get a repmobile. They fit all the criteria you list, and are cheap to run / insure / fix.

Edited by - mav on 29 Jun 2009 10:18:34

Seriously - go and get a 1.6 HDI 2004 era Citroen Xsara Picasso (Exclusive) - absolutely bloody brilliant car, tons of room, the rear seats actually come out entirely if you want to use it as a van occasionally or take tyres to trackdays - can comfortably tow a BJ 165 tilt bed trailer with a lardy 21 on the back and fits 3 rugby players side by side on the rear seats without them feeling cramped. Or LLLLLEntil the LLLLLoony LLLLLAma.

Am negotiating for a 2.2 Dti Renault Vel Satis, with a part-ex on the Subaru. Still looks like the little smoker is on the way out, but those are the breaks sometimes.

BB

PS Dave, saw your car the other day, it looks super sweet! What a lovely job.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...