Click here if you are having website access problems ×

anyone a touring-car-engine ?

Marius

When I picked up my racing-engine this morning I saw a lovely engine standing around in the workshops.

It´s based on a Vauxhall 16V and equipped with everything you can dream of, Weber-fuel-injection, carbon-trumpets etc, 180°flipped head, etc...

But the best think: it delivers a minimum of 286BHP at 8.500min and used to run in a 1999 Super-Touring-car in the german STW-Cup. This engine made some factory-BMW´s look quite old one the straights and there was not one technical breakdown in the whole season.

It´s been completely rebuild and is ready to be mounted. Building costs are around 20grand but it´s for sale now for about 8grand, good exchange rate makes it possible.

I would have taken it home but unfortunatly had not enough change in my pockets. If your interested have a look at www.risse-motosport.de, there are some pictures of the car and the engine.

Serious piece of kit, believe me.

Your day has come, Fast Arnie !

It will handle, Jules, but anyway, who cares about a bad handling: you´ll loose 0.5 seconds in the corner but the straight-line-acceleration will give you 2 seconds advance. Did you ever watch "Captain Future" ? Will be similar to this....

Gimme Warp-speed, Scotty !

And .... Vauxhall-cars do NOT burn their precious carbon-boxes, hehe !!

> It´s based on a Vauxhall 16V and equipped with everything you can dream of, Weber-fuel-injection, carbon-trumpets etc, 180°flipped head, etc...

I basically have a version of this in my Pilbeam. Carbon trumpets, barrel throttles etc. Only the head is the right way up, it improves the compression.... (seriously with an inline mounting there's no point in flipping it).

> But the best think: it delivers a minimum of 286BHP at 8.500min

Mine's allegedly making either 295 or 305 with an 8900 limit. And is mapped for a Super Unleaded compatible Elf race fuel at UKP4 odd per litre. (I expect to be putting this in my road car if the present insanity continues...)

Not really sensible for road usage, and Swindon suggested a 1500 mile nominal 'lifetime'. That wouldn't take long to run up if it were fitted to a Caterham.

If anybody's interested in a look or listen it'll be at Curborough on October 1 and October 8, at the latter I'll be sharing with a well known Caterham driver.

Paul