Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

7 friendly Sat Nav

Racing Snake

I've used a palm pc and two TomToms - they all work OK, you just have to be carefull if it rains. And you can get covers to protect them. The main problem is seeing the screen when the sun is bright, but as long as you can hear the audio, you should be able to go where you want (if anyone has a solution to this I'd like to know).

A previous thread suggested using a motorbike navigator as they are waterproof, but more expensive.....................

LEO 3eggs

Another Slightly Vider SeVen

I use a Garmin Nuvi 250, with the sound muted (as I wear sound blocking ear protection). Simply look at the picture as I approach a junction. Stuck on lower edge of screen just above wiper switches, so I can touch screen without moving hand too far off wheel, also red 'camera' banner catches my eye when it appears.

Display readable in bright sunlight, and with polarised sunglasses !

Edited by - Stationary M25 Traveller on 24 Jun 2009 14:08:31

My TomTom 920 is perfect, I can hear the audio even through earplugs (latest firmware helps here) and I can see the screen in direct sunlight with the day-contrast set to full.

I know how to use it very well, so a quick route change on the fly isn't a problem.. get something you are comfortable with (try a few in the shops). You can even hook up a headset to most of them if you're particularly deaf.

--=[Oxford7s.net]=--

[subscribe: List-subscribe@Oxford7s.net]

Have a TomTom One which is getting on for a few years now, so most of the roads are out of date... Oh and it's battery doesn't hold it's charge. Otherwise though, it's fine, never had problems with it. Plug it in and go.

John

Bugsy: '82 2cv6 (Back on the road!!! 😬)

Talloulah: '08 1.6K Classic (Grubby )

I use a TomTom One. It's mounted there because I didn't want to drill the dash and as I've got an aeroscreen, a windscreen mount wasn't an option.

I've never had a problem with 'forward vision' but saying that, I have tilted the tillet seat back a lot (my eye line is now 'just' above my clear JPE screen).

Stew