Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T RS232 to USB adaptor

myothercarsa2cv

John,

I bought a cheapy one off ebay and it worked a treat. You just need to set the USB HW port correctly to make sure it works. I think mine cost about $5 from the US.

What are you trying to do with it?

There is a little tutorial on the autosportlabs home page that shows you how to set the port ID correctly. See here

Edit: ok this is not so much a tutorial as a quick guide. Have a search on the forum for USB and Serial and it should throw up some explanation of how to do things.

Jon

Edited by - jonboylaw on 23 Jun 2009 16:54:15

Thanks Jon. I'm getting an NK Interval 2000 with PC interface for my mum (it's a rowing coach stop watch with split times, rates, all recordable and downloadable to the computer). I guess it's comparable to a Garmin GPS.

Unfortunately it comes with an RS232 cable, and they wanted £38 for the adaptor!!! I can't afford that to be honest, so looked on t'internet and saw a bunch for a fiver or so, but then started reading horror stories of not being able to get it working *confused* I know it's only a fiver, but would rather it worked! If it worked for you though, no reason it won't for me! Now, lets have a read of this guide... It's probably way beyond me!!!

John

Bugsy: '82 2cv6 (Back on the road!!! 😬)

Talloulah: '08 1.6K Classic (Grubby )