Click here if you are having website access problems ×

E-Z up bulk buy.23/7 FINAL DETAILS 5th Update in 1st post

Drumster

I recently sought advice on EZ Ups and you can see the thread here.

I have been in contact with E-Z Up and obtained a quote for the purchase of 2 x Speed Shelter II (see details here). Full brochure here.

The price for the top cover and frame (I believe it comes with a cover bag) comes to €398.65 plus shipping (to be advised). I am told that the normal price would be €560.

Would anybody else be interested in a bulk buy? I f so I will try to find out more.

Also if you have any questions about the product fire away and I'll try and get responses. I've not organised a bulk buy before so bear with me.......

Update 25/6/09 Listed below are the interested parties at the moment. I will be blatting around Switzerland among other countries for the 1-14 July and I will leave the bulk buy open until I return and then set a final date. I have made enquiries about shipping, sidewalls etc and will post the reply in due course. Perhaps, in my absence someone could bounce this back to the top every so often *thumbup*

Update 30/6/09Shipping costs are €520 for 10 units. Other extras (if required) Short sidewall €89.25, long sidewall €113.05, set of 4 weightbags €45.22 (each holds 18kg of sand), carry bag €38.08, deluxe roller bag €61.88. Naturally, I'll try to get the prices down further once we have a firm idea of numbers. I've been told that coverbags are included for free, I'll try to find out the difference between cover and carry bags.

Update 14/7/09I would now like to finalise things and go ahead with the bulk buy as soon as possible. Please can you all confirm EXACTLY the specification of what you want i.e any extras etc. The unit will come as standard with frame, cover and carry bag (not the roller bag).

Confirmed purchases@ 22.7.09

Chris A - Frame and top cover (blue)

Rob G - Frame & top cover (black) & weight bags

Colin H - frame & top cover (black) & weight bags

Rob (u01rsb) - Frame, top cover (silver) & heavy duty stake kit

Jez - Frame & top cover (black)

Jeff S - Frame and top cover (black)

Martin B - Frame & top cover (Silver)

Paul Gibb - Frame & top cover (black)

Update 22/7/09 I have now closed the order and will be liaising with the supplier about payment etc. There will be one invoice and MartinB has very kindly offered to accept delivery and transport the EZ ups to the August Curborough sprint. As the units are made to order I can't see us getting them any earlier.

Update 23/7/09 Final details: blue/black €290, silver €315, weight bags €35, stake kit €17, delivery €483. Please remember to add VAT at 19% to the above. In order to receive our units more promptly I have taken an executive decision to purchase them all on my credit card (delivery should be within 2 weeks, so I'm told). Unfortunately this means a 3.5% surcharge. I do hope this is not a problem for anyone. Despite being offered a good price for 10 units we have only managed to purchase 8, but E-Z up have let us have 8 at the price quoted for 10. Once the charge has gone through I'll work out the £s and email you all accordingly for some dosh.

Chris Alston

C7CAT 1800 Supersprint

R248 *tongue* ....and then I jumped in *eek*

Edited by - Aeroscreens on 22 Jul 2009 21:03:05

Edited by - Aeroscreens on 23 Jul 2009 12:56:46

Jez,

Have a look at p12/13 on the brochure. You can get either a weight bag kit or a heavy duty stake kit at extra cost. I have been quoted €38 for a set of 4 weight bags (based on 2 purchases)

I was planning on just tying down the back legs to my trailer and the front legs to the spare wheels from my trailer.

I'll post in Chit Chat as well *thumbup*

Chris Alston

C7CAT 1800 Supersprint

Chris

Being a sucker for a bargain please count me in if you get to 10 *thumbup*

Not sure if the timescale would work but it's not too late to ask Tony for a little space in the Low Flying out on beginning of August, may help increase numbers *idea*

Martin

Surrey AR/AO

Aeroscreens - I think you have missed Martin B off the list of interested parties - that brings it up to 9 *wink*.

Can we hurry this bulk buy up please? I'm at 3 Sisters at the weekend and it looks like it is going to p*ss it down. 😬

I know, wasn't thinking I'd really get it in time for 3 Sisters *wink*, will just use brolly through steering wheel trick whilst I wait for the luxury of an ez-up.

Now, come on one of you chaps who go racing every weekend, you know it makes sense. You can even order it in white and pretend to the missus that you have bought it for the garden to hold parties under! *tongue*

Aeroscreens, looks like 9 only unless someone else wants to join.

I'm sure they will take 9 as a bulk buy at the 10 rate, can you see what the best price we can get is please?

Let me know if you want me to help at all *wink*.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi all,

I would now like to finalise things and go ahead with the bulk buy as soon as possible. Please can you all confirm EXACTLY the specification of what you want i.e any extras etc. The unit will come as standard with frame, cover and carry bag (not the roller bag)

Furthermore, does anyone have any good advice on how I should go about collecting money and arranging delivery etc. My thoughts were because of paying in Euros it might be better if we arrange to pay separately. I guess the delivery would have to be to a central point to keep costs down.....

Chris Alston

C7CAT 1800 Supersprint

Chris

Glad your back ok *thumbup*

Just basic kit for me, probably in black but would you mind finding out how much extra for silver (to match the van and enable me to use/claim for business too)

No expert in euros, probably plastic will give come back if any problems, or Paypal 🤔

No idea on delivery times but could bring to Curbs in August if timescale worked.

Cheers for organising this

Martin

Surrey AR/AO