Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Headlight adjustment for France?

DW

Which is curiously the offside bit, under the 'focus line'. I'll link to an instruction sheet I have on Picasa in a moment.

edit here is the document.... hopefully you can enlarge it. The self-adhesive deflectors with a reflective back (the side that sticks to the glass) provide more light than black tape.

Zoom in on this photo and you can see one in place.

If of course you are going to France, and not coming back, buy a pair of right-hand-dipping headlamp lenses from CC, or SVC. Easy to swap over.

Edited by - Stationary M25 Traveller on 20 Jun 2009 18:10:03

Thanks guys - gone to Halfords and got the stickers along with their high-vis jackets a GB sticker and a spare cable for the tom-tom. Getting excited now. Thumbs up by the way for the club discount on euro RAC cover - saved 25%! Going via the Chunnel on Thursday.

Ozzy - I believe it is *two* triangles these days - or was that just Spain?

There's a site somewhere that tells you all you need to know about such things.

If you believe in belts-and-braces (and I've been in these situations more times than I'd care for) - pack a pair of walkie-talkies within easy reach too.

When you happen-upon an accident - or break-down on a blind corner - PMR radios are a godsend along with your high-viz for controlling traffic.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Spare bulbs no longer compulsory.

Two triangles definately for Spain, but don't know about France.

I always forget about the headlight stickers, but fortunately, they're usualy for sale on the ferry. But I see you're going by fire trap, erm, sorry I meant Chunnel! *tongue*

Enjoy! *wink*

When the hi-viz jacket became law the story went around the brit commune that it had to draped over the seat. "It's law, you know"

The French, practical as always, drape them over the seats so the Gendarme can see them and don't stop them to ask if they have them in the car. Mind you I have noticed that they are slowly disapearing from the seats now.

I've never done my lights, never had a GB sticker, never carried a triangle, never carried a bulb kit, never carried a medical kit (except in the Pug which came from Germany).

Been stopped (and fined) more times than I care to remember and never, not once, have been asked about any of these things. I never carry papers and when asked just shrug and say "à ma maison". They just shrug and carry on writing out the fine.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven toThe French Blatting Company Limited