Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

205 GTI - help bleeding brakes

Englishmaninwales

Setup is standard 205 gti master cylinder, modified with a front / rear split( as opposed to normal diagonal split on later cars), with a brake bias fitted and the rear compensators removed.

I have been fitting new brake lines, MC and one rear caliper. So the system is being bled from empty. The rear has bled perfectly at the bias valve and both rear calipers. The difficulty is bleeding the front calipers, as the MC outlets for the front don't seem to prime and no fluid appears at the bleed valve. I guess this is an air lock.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Malcolm

I had exactly this problem with the 205 I've been playing with - though the brakes are no longer standard. Used the Easibleed with no fluid in it (for some reason I can never get this thing to seal properly and always end up with brake fluid spewing out somewhere!) - worked a treat.

Dave

ps if you want really impressive brakes on your 205, fit the front disks and calipers from a 306 GTI - very impressive stopping power and you can pick them up 2nd hand for fairly sensible money