Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A complete list of every Caterham Model to date ?

ECR

Has anyone ever produced a full list to date giving engine types/sizes/suspension/differentiating features etc?

I find that I know the specs of cars that I have owned but am less well informed on other models. It would also be a help for novices buying second hand cars.

For instance what's the exact difference between a superlight and a superlight R and how many variations are there ? or what's a Beaulieu (exactly) ? or a Prisoner (exactly)

A list needs constructing !

I started an FAQ a while back but never seem to get time to sit down and finish it. If anyone wants to give input/feedback I can mail the shell of what's been done to date and perhaps we could collectively get it knocked together quicker than my useless arse can?

The idea was originally to put it as a link on this site so the same repetitive questions wouldn't be asked all the time. Answers to each section would probably need ratifying by a responsible person with the relevant knowledge in eac area to prevent misconceptions creeping in smile.gif

PS Wasn't the Beaulieu a special edition used to run out the last 1600/1800 Vauxhall engines Caterham had, and to coincide with some Beaulieu birthday?

Green nose (with yellow leading edge?) and yellow tipped green cycle wings with ali' everywhere else. Unless you had it painted. Think it might even have had red seats.

Edited by - andy murphy on 16 Jul 2002 12:05:19

On the assumption that Caterham have sold about 20,000 cars (ish), then there are 20,000 different models/variations produced as every car is unique! There is no such thing as a standard Seven as we all add things to the build list!

Low tech luddite - xflow and proud!

Just to reiterate about every car being different. I met up with Julian the other day in our new SLR's, both of them still running in and as new. Apart from the obvious extras that we both specced and paid for there were a host of other differences on the 2 cars. We were quite amazed at bits his car had that mine didn't and bits that mine had that his didn't. Also some of the things Caterham spec as payable extras were put on one car and not the other.

Kenny SLR