Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

K series remote oil filter

bobt

Hi,

I've never been happy with the position of the oil filter, and following a few scrapes on the can from some motorway rubbish would like to relocate it. I'm running with a pace drysump so have a high pressure hose comming round the front of the engine and into the filter head plate. I'm guessing if I place a filter in-line on that hose I simply need an adapter plate with a single hose take-off to replace the filter head on the block? Does that sound right? Been looking at the think-automotive site but can't work out which takeoff plate I need. The takeoff ones shown appear to be for remote filter or oil coolers where two pipe takeoff are required as they assume you are using the engines own internal pump and not an external one thus requiring a single hose takeoff.

Can anybody help ID a part?

Thanks

Rob

Personally I can't see any benefit. You still have to get the oil back into the engine & if you use an adapter plate that will still be vulnerable to debris.

I assume you are using Think's FH6 filter head that does away with a sandwich plate?

Hi,

Yes I'm currently using that part. I think there will be a benefit. Using a simple plate with a single 90degree hose takeoff on it bolted to the block, the assembly will be considerably lower profile and a much smaller target than present.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask about that part.

Thanks

Rob

Edited to say: Actually I'll pop down and visit so that I may hold the proposed assembly up against the block to get an appreciation of size/fit.

Will Comment back on Thursday for those interested.

Edited by - bobt on 14 Jun 2009 18:55:39