Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Morning all

Normans_Ghost

Sorry GJT. Sorry, I keep meaning to answer you but get sidetracked.

Thanks for the offer but I'll not bother with them. The watch in question was repaired by them in 2006. I stopped using it because it kept stopping. I reported this and they suggested I persevere and it would be OK. It wasn't and I just went back to the 1976 Speedmaster.

I emailed them from their own website about supplying a steel pin for the bracelet (Speedmaster) and asked them what they were prepared to do about the co-axial watch that stops about 3 or 4 minutes ever hour.

I suspect this is why I haven't had a response, the pin is not a saleable item so isn't worth anything (£3.00 tops) and they will have to make an offer over the co-axial.

I'm expecting a pin from a watch repairer in Glasgow. If it arrives in the next few days, he'll get the Co-axial for repair. Reward for good service.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven toThe French Blatting Company Limited

And I'll watch you watching the thread.

Thread, thread, ah reminds me. A friend is altering some of HM's trousers for her. She (friend) rings up yesterday and asks if HM has any green cotton. When I stopped laughing and had told her HM wouldn't even know what cotton is HM came back in. She laughed and said she didn't know what cotton as.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven toThe French Blatting Company Limited