Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Body protectors

Julian Thompson

Try Armourfend - I'm sure there must be a website somewhere, or try Simon Lambert at Caterham - his Supergrads car is sponsored by them, and it seems to be effective against gravel trap chips!

I suspect you do need to have pristine paintwork to fit it however.

Don't worry about it. You'll soon forget it's there and it adds "patina"/"character" to the car.

Before too long you'll be using it in all weathers, doing donuts in gravel traps and having a real blast. Then in 10 years time get it repanelled and sprayed by Arch/TSK and start again.

Donuts, gravel strewn car parks and Southern Eire. Way too much fun to worry about a few dinks and even the car was smiling once we were finished smile.gif

Wear your usage scars with pride. It's going to happen at some point anyway...

Julian,

Planning a blat route for early August in your neck of the woods Did a trial run on Saturday. Macc Forest, Wilboarclough and the Goyt. Axe Edge, Ear Sterndale etc. Loads of chippings on newly surfaced road in Wildboarclough but these will probably be gone by the begining of August. Maybe you will join us?

we (julian and I) already know about the chippings up Wildboarclough. They were there the other sunday when ju and i took V11 UFO upto his mates house. 10mph for about 20 minutes... Bloody things! Cat and fiddle was good though, although i believe Julian said that had been done too now!

Yep a bloody pain in the rectum but the rest of the route was ok. we avoided the main road upto the C & F and relived the good old days of timed to the second runs through the Goyt.

What chance of you joining us when we pass the front door.

Thanks Laurence! As you'll notice the little area adjacent to the wing and the seat isn't covered. I had a look at Ant Mellor's 7 today (1988 vintage) and it displays dings here too, but obviously a lot more of them. It is actually caused by the harnesses, as you enter and exit the car. I am going to look at making some protectors then, because I hate wear area's like this - sorry guys! I am thinking either glassfibre or carbon? Or rubber? Or skateboard "grip"? Or......

Edited by - Julian Thompson on 17 Jul 2002 00:17:08

Just been to halfords - bike department, £5.95 for six bits, absolutley bloody brilliant and looks the business to, best place I've found for them is where the door stop hits the bonnet on opening, they even give you pairs, so that the Pace Carbon Armour writing goes the right way. Can't reccomend them highly enough .. cheers Julian.

I also got the long bits (same price) but havn't decided where these are going yet, probably along the door bottom closure area where the paints getting marked.