Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Hyperion Motorsport Seat

Irrelevant

Fiberglass HM racing seat.

Great for tall drivers as it puts you right on the floor in a really nice reclined and well supported position.

I fit in it fine and I am 5'10" and 15ish stone with a wide back (it's all muscle 😳).

It can be padded so even skinny people can use it.

Some pickies here and here - £90

Located near Farnborough Surrey

BTW: This is intended for use in a s3 chassis with a normal floor.

As far as cars with lowered floors goes, as well as SVs and CSRs, I don't know how it would fit.

Well, I'm it would fit in the car, but it may need fettling with a lowered floor to clear the tunnel.

Depending on the drivers size, manufacture of a large rear mount might be required - e.g. a short chap in an SV is going to have to space this seat forward by a long way if he wants to touch the pedals.

I have a rear mount that will space this seat about 3" from the rear bulkhead that I will include if someone wants it (so good for a 5'10" driver with 31" inside leg).

Bear in mind that any seat of this type requires drilling of holes in the rear bulkhead and probably the floor (unless you can use a crossmember) and you'll need to make up brackets from either ally section or plate.

Once correctly fitted and padded though, these seats are amazingly comfy - like a bag seat that doesn't look rubbish and doesn't shrink.

Edited by - Epimetheus on 9 Jun 2009 11:12:11

pecccl: As I said via email, this seat is not designed for a CSR and fitting is a bit involved. I've edited the advert to point out what this seat is intended for. If you still want it, you're welcome to it, but you will need to drill at least a couple of holes in the rear bulkhead and faff about a bit to get it to fit.