Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Jaugar BRG paint code sought

Nick Woods

Does anyone have a paint code for Jaguar British Racing Green ?. Caterham have told me its a two-pack paint but they cant provide an exact colour code.

My last attempt at a local paint suppliers turned into a dismal failure when we went for what looked like a good match but it turned out to be wrong (we went for cellulose). Now its on the car it looks a total mess.

Before I go back I'm looking for a code to verify againsty their paint matching chips / swatches / whever they are called to double-check we have the right one.

Nick

P8MRA - The greenid=green> one with redid=red> wings

Thank Arnie - I rang Caterham aftersales who rang me back and said it was 2-pack but couldnt give me a colour. I'll ring Tony @ TSK and see if he has any more info. Its a 1996 model so by the sounds of it he will have it.

Nick

update - I've spoken to Tony and he told me the code is jag 604-400 and that its a 2-pack without a laquer on top.

It does seem that there are lots of different variations of Jag BRG, a quick search on google has turned up several different codes, a lot of which have the description 'a bit darker than colour xxxx '.

Nick

Edited by - Nick Woods on 16 Jul 2002 11:09:26

Jaguar BRG: codes

HGD 1997-2001

HDJ 1975-1977

Jag 658 1968-1971 ( sikkens code )

Jaguar racing green :

HEN 1985-1987

HER 1985-1986

HDN 1984-1985 ( metalic color )

Beware some of these colors are made with green pigment and some are made with blue & yellow pigments, this will give no difference under only one light source but if you change the light source ( day light versus neon light or sodium light ) this will give huge differences.

It is always wise to put an extra coat of varnish on to your car to protect it against stonechips also a colored undercoat is used to mask stonechips because it is not so nice to see the grey or cream colored undercoat contrasting with the dark paint.