Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Trailer

Matthew Willoughby

I'm looking for a trailer to transport my 7 to club speed events. Due to passing my test after 1st Jan '97 I am limited to a trailer with a gross capacity of 1300kg (i.e. less than the kerb weight of my tow car) so I suspect that means it will have to be single axle.

A single axle Woodford, Brian James or similar would be ideal.

ASBO orange 1.6 VX - now with ASBO-blog

• Area Representative

Matt,

I'm fairly sure that the max gross weight for a Minno is very close to 1300Kg.

From memory, my old Minno was 1380Kg, but my Minno sport is 1300Kg.

(but I can't easily check without going to my lock up)

Matthew

I would seriously consider taking your test as twin axle trailer is an easier and safer tow. The consequences of a puncture or losing a wheel (I have experienced both) on a single axle is not worth thinking about. I also suspect that there is little to save in terms of money as most trailers advertised are twin axle.

Mark D

Edited to correct error

Edited by - Mark Durrant on 8 Jun 2009 11:25:56

Brian James do a Clubman that'll take a Caterham, with a double axle but a load weight of 1000kg.

But passing your test really won't be too difficult. Do you really want your pride and joy on one set of those little wheels? And you don't say what you're going to use to tow it with, but if you're towing with something relatively small, then the extra stability of a twin axle will be really appreciated as you approach maximum legal towing speed 😬

Jez