Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Well that was an interesting weekend..

rgrigsby

Do you ever have one of those weekends when it just doesn't work? it seems it was my turn this weekend at Pembrey, not sure what was going on but right from the start I just seemed to have brought the car but left all the driving talent at home.

After one significant off on the first run, missing the hairpin twice on run 2 and a spin on run 3 I decided to call it a day and came home on Saturday as it just didn't seem to be working. Still at least the car is in one piece and the worst thing I have to sort out is getting a tyre reseated.

Fingers cross everyone has better weather today, however I'll be sitting here at home trying to work out exactly what was going on.

Oh and yes I have video evidence of the first off which appears to show me failing to actually notice which way the track goes! Shall I post it now or wait for the end of year video??? 😳

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

I do *wavey*

One practice run on Saturday. Dry

One dry run and one wet run.

Class 1 - Alistair 131.19 (Class Record)

Class 3 - Mike Sankey 121.39

Class 4 - Chris Howard-Harris 124.33

Class 5 - Simon Rogers 116.85

Class 6 - Graham Ford 122.06

I have the winners of Sunday but not the times. Wet practice and first run dry final run.

Oh and by the way all of the wet runs on both days were Very Wet!!!!!

Class 1 - Alistair

Class 3 - Running last of all the 7's and only making it down for Sunday and spinning on his first timed run - Jeff Smith by .4 of a sec 😶‍🌫️

Class 4 - Chris

Class 5 - Simon

Class 6 - Gavin Craig

Interestingly even the British Champion in 3.5 Judd powered Pilbeam was also 4 secs of last years record time. Same as me

• Support Team

The Drowned Rats are home - just a little damp. About half way home a slight missfire developed - just one miss every now and then. They became more frequent as we passed Reading and I began to think we might not make it home ☹️. As I was reversing into the drive the car died - looks like the coil packed up right at the end of the journey *eek*. The car's rewire starts on Tuesday and we are converting to wasted spark - not a moment too soon.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Thanks everyone for the support *wavey* I had a great couple of days despite geting soaking wet on the commute to and from the circuit 😳

Rob, the weather was wet for the morning for practice and first timed run, class 1 times were mostly in the 150's, it brightened over lunch - but after a short shower we were back in the 130's.

I think sunday times were:

Class 1 - Alistair 132.44

Class 3 - Jeff 122.26

Class 4 - Chris 122.50

Class 5 - Simon 116.43

Class 6 - Gavin Craig 123.52

*wavey*

Great video Rob

I went down the autocross track as well 😳 My excuse was that my visor was a bit misty and I couldn’t see where the track was going (excuse number 4285) – on reflection I think I just got lost.

However …. I didn’t need to stop and ask for directions.

Best wishes

G *wavey*

PS – glad my bucket and sponge came in handy – they are now on my list of essential Sprinting equipment

• Area Representative

Well done Al on the new record for yesterday, it makes me feel a bit better!

Apologies to everyone for dashing off and not saying bye to you all. I only meant to pull my trailer into the line and then go for an ice-cream and to watch some of the other classes whilst waiting the usual hour for the gates to be opened - and then the marshalls waved everyone across before I got a couple of feet from the car. A great weekend and lots of fun *thumbup*

Cheers

Nick

Back in a BEC! - But trying to get into Class 1...

A very enjoyable weekend *smile*

Good company and close competition certainly made it worth braving the Welsh weather *thumbup*

The results lists above do, of course, omit to mention the biggest prize of all - the yellow trowel 😬 Rob fought off stiff competition on Saturday to ensure that his grass-cutting exploits won the day (have you hoovered the car out yet *tongue*). On Sunday, DRR member Gill Elwell gave it her best shot but was pipped by Kevin Evans whose selection of spins on home turf definitely won on artistic merit 😬

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing (Support Vehicle)