Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Silicone Hoses - Kseries

Lost Boy

*confused*Does anyone know if its possible to get a full set of silicone hoses for a Kseries, inclusing the heater hoses and elbows, the caterham set seems to exclude them?

My rubber hoses seem to be cracking and perished and so I'd like to replace everything all at once

Thanks

I've got the Green and Yellow Fever!

I bought extra hoses from a local hydraulic supplier 8mm and 12mm diameter comes too to mind. I ordered 2x 1 meter of each but have a bit left over.The hose was Mocal branded.

My hoses were Blue. the J hose is a pain to fit tho lots silicon lube and huffing and puffing

Tweeky

In a purple haze

Edited by - tweeky on 3 Jun 2009 22:31:15

I plan to do the same later this year and use some 'superflex' silcone hose for the heater bits. You can use a series of 90 deg bends and create your own by cutting them down. Someone on here has done that and it looks good.

Where am I?

• 1 month later...
  • Area Representative

I got my red silicone heater elbows from SFS. They are 90 degrees and 16mm bore with 102mm legs. As I recall I had to trim a little off one of the legs to get a good fit. Cost £7 each, but have been on for almost 5 years and still good.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Go for the samco dry sump kit with seven hoses and the elbows identified by Paul. If you buy the drysump version it fits on the wet sump just saves money if you upgrade in the future.

Top Rad

Bottom Rad

Submarine (J pipe)

Thermostat to Heater valve

Heater valve to water rail

Head to expansion

Submaribe to expansion

The two elbows are shortened to fit between valve and heater. If you buy new hose clips sit down as they tell you the price!

Andy