Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I really want...

soworththewait

Dear Santa...

im in the market for some thing along the lines of a supersport r pushing around 190 bhp+ or R300 or R400. There doesnt seem to be a huge amout around at the moment but hope that will change.

Any eagle eyes watching out or anyone planning to sell who can help with my quest would be great to hear from you

steve

Why not look for a lower cost clean 1.6 or 1.8 and then budget to take it to DVA for a KA05 upgrade.

A 1.6 treated with Dave's magic would outgun an R300 and a 1.8 would easily outgun an R400.

You'd also have an engine with known history that will give many miles of FUN.

My Winter '08 Upgrade was to a screaming DVA K05.

www.geoffwilcoxphotography.co.uk

Hey,

I currently have a 1.6k, and have looked into dva, and also rat race.

Im looking at another car as i think maybe the cost of upgrades could spiral. Especially with brakes, rad, exhaust etc.

Any thoughts? What other work have you had done? To cope with increase in power.

DVA KA05 which I ran with 4-1 Long Race exhaust before upgrading to PowerSpeed 4-2-1 Exhaust.

Other mods along the way have been 6 speed and 3.62LSD

Standard brakes have proven to be fine for road use.....the benefit I saw was having a car with an engine fully sorted and one that I would have total confidence in.

My Winter '08 Upgrade was to a screaming DVA K05.

www.geoffwilcoxphotography.co.uk

Has anyone seen the blue, 1.8, vhpd 190bhp superlight at caterham midlands?

The spec is ideal in what I want, any thoughts or history out there?

My big concern is I look at the car as a small investment as they currently hold value pretty well. I assume it is an R reg, my roadsport is 05, and I am a little unsure of going for a car that much older? Bt like I said spec is rather attractive! Im going to have a look tomorrow, just to be nosey.

Views from more experianced owners much appriciated.

Looks a nice car/spec although no numbered plaque, no full carbon, later rounded edge (SVA) dials and R500 wishbones. I also think it's a bit early to be a pukka numbered SLR, the chassis number should look like SDK RD(KorS) L RD V nnnnnn if it is. (See FAQ)

SDK = Caterham

RD = Right hand drive de-dion

K = Kit or S = Factory built

L = superlight

RD = VHPD engine

V = reg year 97

nnnnnnn = Chassis No

I am sure Caterham Midlands, if asked, will confirm and be able to tell you the original spec so you can get an idea of the upgrades and attention that this car has been subject to, it night have started life as a racer.

If I am correct this shows its a bitsa and as such I feel is not worth the SLR premium that is clearly being asked. I would not be concerned about the age so long as the car looks good and drives well - there were problems with chassis powder coating in 96-97.

Andy

Edited to add

Just seen the V reg at Caterham South that looks a more original example.

Edited by - Andy Best on 11 Jun 2009 22:16:11