Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harewood Hillclimb School 25/6

David Lynch

• Support Team

Happy isn't quite the word I would use if it's peeing it down ☹️(which it often is at Harewood). However they take everything in their stride and don't even complain when they have to sit in the tillet puddle 😬. We had a great time there last year even though it poured with rain most of the day. *thumbup* to the instructors there.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Another *thumbup* for the Harewood instructors. As Shaun says, I don't think "happy" was the word they would have used for repeatedly having to sit in a puddle behind our Brooklands screens - but they did bring their own towels 😬 And they were willing to give as much tuition as you wanted to have *thumbup*

Funnily enough, there was a minor skirmish to decide which lucky souls got to tutor those in tintops 😬

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

• 2 weeks later...

What a day.... Undersubscribed, to our benefit. 17 runs *smokin*

Nice to meet Brian and Mark *wavey*

(Andy I'll see you on Sunday if not before. Sight reading bass parts... *redface*)

I clattered a thwacker post at Orchard while on my assessment run but leave with a 😬

I will sift through the runs I filmed, lucky to still have my little camera *tongue*

EN Yorks 7's Flickr

Edited by - David Lynch on 25 Jun 2009 21:01:59

It was good to meet you also David, along with Brian and Andy *wavey* and I hope that your thwacker damage polishes out okay.

I had a fantastic day and I had no idea we had as many runs as that. I didn't have as many as you because I accepted a passenger ride in instructor Richard Spedding's road car (a 58 plate Mondeo!) - which was one of the highlights of the day. I must echo what others have said here that the instructors were great and put huge amounts of efforts into helping us and consequently making us go faster. It was a really good experience and I learnt loads. Well recommended to others who have not been.

The only downside is that I thought the weather was forecast for drizzle and didn't pack any suncream so my face now looks *mad*

Look forward to seeing you all back at Harewood on 1-2 August.

Don't fear Michael!

I have never had driver training in the 7 before and I found it really educational. During my practice runs I was trying to take too much speed into corners (by being very late on the brakes) which meant that I had a lot of drama to deal with while trying to make the corner which severly compromised the exit. The instructors were advocates of less is more i.e. a slow in faster out approach which I thought worked really well

Great day 😬 everything was spot on, the company of Mark, David, Andy, *wavey* the instruction, the weather, and the venue with great views and red kites circling above in the thermals generated by the afternoon sun.

Huge learning curve along with the grins on all of our faces 😬

I recommend the course to anyone, the confidence to (as they termed it 'Bully the car') round the naddgery bits improved, and at the end of the day throwing it into the last corner and near sideways over the line was a real buzz 😬 😬 😬 😬

Brian

3rd Rock from the summit

And here's Bramall bringing up the rear!! I can only second what every one else has said. Good to have the 7 contingent, Mark and Brian it was great to meet you *wavey* . Mr Lynch I'll swap you the sight reading for Bach's Fugue in G minor on Sunday night *eek*

After some discussion with my tutor Dave Banner I have at least managed to make my mind up on how to tackle "Orchard" which I did a different way each time in the morning session. Managed a 180 spin over the finish line *redface* but at least I kept it out of the hedge/barriers at "Willow" *thumbup*

Mark, I hope you managed the trip home in less than the 3:05 the sat nav was saying.

*idea* Mainly Red, apart from the bits that are Black. Piccies *idea*Twitter

Edited by - AndyBram on 26 Jun 2009 18:12:07