Click here if you are having website access problems ×

centre caps

Stef

Just swapped my wheels for some 14inch minilites, they seem to fit my 1990 de dion fine, but the rear centre caps are not deep enough to fit, and the ones from the old wheels to big to fit through the hole in the wheel.

Help, is this common? can I order new ones?

Just running it without them on for the moment but I guess thats not best for the long run.

Ok, Can't work out how to blatmail, when I click on your name and then 'email' I can write one out but can't find a send button.

Anyway Tweeky, I'm in between Bury and Rochdale so obviously more than happy to drive over or meet you somewhere and see if they'll fit.

Cheers

Steff

sounds good with me. Cant do tonight either.

Could prob do tomorrow. Going to the Lancs club meet on Weds and then the rest of the week is out.

No real rush though, could do sometime next week.

Are they the standard caterham plastic caps, about 1.5cm deep? as they're the ones I have that don't fit.

CC seem a bit confused by it so gonna send them a pic tonight.

Obviousy happy to meet up, eat chips and have a look around another 7 anyway though!

Tweeky - yeah, they're the ones i've got and the caps don't fit over the nut/shaft that protrudes through.

John - looks like i'd better find somewhere to grind off the drive shafts then. Did caterham literally cut it back to the nut do you know? I could get a mate to grind it but don't want to muck it up!

• Area Representative

Stef

Blatmail - there are 3 icons on the top of a post - click on the centre one (looks like paper and envelope. You'll find it has a send button.

For info there are a number of different types of caps. I suspect I have some that will fit your wheels (but I need them). If your going to LADS you can call and look see if you wish - at least you'll know what you are looking for. tel. no. is 0161 763 5410.

Edited to say - be wary of grinding drive shafts - heat will certainly ruin nylocks and they'll need replacing.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Edited by - Paul Richards on 3 Jun 2009 14:38:25